Castrol EDGE 0W-40 SP? I found it on the Castrol site but no where for sale. Anyone ever seen it anywhere?

"
You have reached Castrol North America.

Castrol EDGE 0W-40 SP is not a North American product.

Many products that are carried in North America are not available in other countries and vice versa.

Today we have operating units in over 60 countries. To find detailed information about the products and services we offer in your area, please contact your local country office. You can use the following link, to find out more about Castrol products and activities in your country, including specific information on availability and technical/health and safety.

Visit the global website at www.castrol.com and choose your local country from the menu.

We appreciate your interest in our fine products and value your patronage.

Castrol Consumer Relations"

"
You have reached Castrol North America.

Castrol EDGE 0W-40 SP is not a North American product.

Many products that are carried in North America are not available in other countries and vice versa.

Today we have operating units in over 60 countries. To find detailed information about the products and services we offer in your area, please contact your local country office. You can use the following link, to find out more about Castrol products and activities in your country, including specific information on availability and technical/health and safety.

Visit the global website at www.castrol.com and choose your local country from the menu.

We appreciate your interest in our fine products and value your patronage.

Castrol Consumer Relations"
A while back I looked all brands of oil at our local Walmart. All brands except for Castrol have printed on them... "made in USA," this product contains blend of domestic & foreign oils. Castrol bottles have "product made in Belgium," blend of domestic & foreign oils.

How is it better without Porsche A40, VW 502/505, or MB-approval 229.5?

No thanks.
SP has a specific chain wear (soot from DI) and a LSPI test.

I don't know if the current EURO certs contain these same tests. So if you had two oils with the same euro certs but one also had SP, one might be inclined to choose it.

Back