Cars you just don't see all that often, new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see way too many new Taurus.
All the police department around here are buying them.

Pa state police are using these to replace the Crown Vic.

A local plastic company has the Taurus as their company car for sales/service reps. One of them is a 2010 with 80k miles and no issues.

Originally Posted By: css9450
Two words - Ford Taurus.

The newest generation of Taurus is still so rare around here, its akin to seeing an exotic. "Whoa, what's that?" Just a new Taurus. Its not that it has anonymous styling - far from it - its just that there are very few on the roads. A far cry from the glory years of the Taurus where they were everywhere.

My fave Taurus was the mid-late 80s SHO with the manual tranny!!

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Originally Posted By: SLCraig
The Taurus is very rare here too, as well as the new body style Explorer..

I see quite a few around London .

I didn't even know the Explorer was still in production until I saw one.. This was maybe a year or 2 ago. I still very rarely see them. Taurus is becoming more common but nowhere near as much as it used to be.

I just don't see that many Porsche cars running around :p

But Dodge Nitro's are rare, as are the new Fiats. I have never seen the VW minivan running around either.

the thing with lists like these, once someone you know buys one, you'll start seeing them everywhere..

op had dodge neon on the list, they are all over the place here, heck, there are about 5 in the employee parking lot @ the store where i work (Including mine)

there are Tauri, and Explorers a-plenty around here,(one each in my parents driveway) of course this is a Ford town.(the plant building the 3.5l v6 they are putting in everything is here)

the odd balls in this neck of the woods, would be the Euro imports. there's one Lotus i see every now and again, BMW a little more common, almost no Mercedes to speak of...

The latest VW Beetle? I saw one this morning, and I think it was the only one I've seen on the road. Pretty new though, and it's possible I haven't been paying attention.

Originally Posted By: crw
How about regional differences? Around here it's... "What color is your pickup?"

Regional has a big effect on what you see . Driving conditions determine what people buy in certain areas , availability in others .

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I see lot more Audi than I would expect. Is Audi selling more cars than BMW/MB?

Its a north east thing. They are everywhere here. I see more Audi, VW, and BMW when college classes start. The most common vehicles here seem to be German cars or modified diesel pickups depending on the time of year.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Suzuki Kisashi.
lol.gif

Amazing that you would mention that. I saw one of those yesterday. I saw it and thought, "huh? What is that thing?" So, I have now seen exactly one.

A guy on another forum I'm on has a 95 Taurus SHO, 77 MGB, 97 Jag XJ6, 12 911 Turbo S and a 12 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX. Plus an 08 Accord and a 12 Infiniti G37. Two drivers but some daughters that will be driving soon. He like's to debate with guys on the forum a lot. I think all the cars except the MGB were bought new.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Nissan trucks. They make a full size truck still right? I haven't seen one in a very long time.
weird! I'm sitting in sizzler in hesperia and I see 3 titans in the parking lot. Audi is another that's rare here.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: css9450
Two words - Ford Taurus.

The newest generation of Taurus is still so rare around here, its akin to seeing an exotic. "Whoa, what's that?" Just a new Taurus. Its not that it has anonymous styling - far from it - its just that there are very few on the roads. A far cry from the glory years of the Taurus where they were everywhere.

Strange. They are pretty popular here.

Edit: I should clarify the 5th generation (2011-Current) is popular here. I would like to try a 2.0 EB Taurus.

I had a red 2001 Taurus. They were EVERYWHERE.

New Gen Taurus is a Police Car thats why you see so many
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back