Bought at IAA 2008 Subi Tribeca Clean Title "Cheap" 142K

So, I have a pretty much complete Subi Tribeca 08 in my Hangar for a number of years gathering dust after using some parts to repair the salvage repaired Tribeca that I have been driving since 2016. It was cheaper to buy this parts car than to buy parts cause parts for Tribeca's are so hard to find. bought the parts car in 16 for $800.

I saw this last night for "buy it now" $775.00, $1305.00 OTD. sales tax and all buyers fee's, and I have all the parts to fix it. Its puzzling, looks theft recovery, ran title check on it, no police report, no theft report from insurance co. Never been in an accident in its life. They list loss as other, and secondary as Ft end. No start. I see no Ft end damage, does not mean that there isn't some, and other, looks like theft, but picture of OD shows code of ER HC.

From what I have found as far as codes go,

ER HC, in the trip odometer indicates a failure in the car's high speed CAN (computer-to-computer) digital communications system. The high speed CAN involves engine and transmission controls as well as safety and emissions-related signaling. "I'm not the least bit worried about it"

I will post some pic's just for kicks, I don't think I need any help. I don't even have the car yet. But the lower dash is ripped apart so I think that's where the problem is, or possibly the trans could have damage and that caused the code and that's where the story don't make sense. If a repair shop did an estimate on it, they most likely would not have ripped the lower dash apart like the pic's show, that's where I think the problems really are, stuff is missing, disconnected. You may ask Q's, give advice, poke fun...lol, I will update in about a week when I swap parts from other car to this new project and hopefully it will be running and driving.

I had the Full Package Cowboy Beef Dinner Special in Idaho some years back. It was an adventure as it Came with the Swing steak, Ring steak and the Mountain Oysters. Dessert was Tribeca pudding. Don't ask don't tell is my motto. That ring steak kept clamping down on my tongue and throat as it went down

Pics, link to IAA will go dead soon!

subi 1.jpg

subi 2.jpg

subi 3.jpg

subi 4.jpg

subi 5.jpg

subi 6.jpg

subi 7.jpg

subi 8.jpg

subi 9.jpg

subi 10.jpg

Congrats!

Only thing that I see that is eye catching is the Seller. Seller is not an insurance company, not a charity, etc. Not sure who the Seller is- but the Seller chose to send the car to auction than sell as a private party.

• Seller:
  • Title/Sale Doc:CLEAR (Idaho)
  • Title/Sale Doc Notes:ID CLEAR

Congrats!

Only thing that I see that is eye catching is the Seller. Seller is not an insurance company, not a charity, etc. Not sure who the Seller is- but the Seller chose to send the car to auction than sell as a private party.

• Seller:
  • Title/Sale Doc:CLEAR (Idaho)
  • Title/Sale Doc Notes:ID CLEAR
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I did not notice that. I have been retired for many years, and only insurance companies sold salvage and clean titles at the auction for many years when I started in the mid 80's. Sometime about 1997/98, resellers, rebuilders w/reseller lic's were allowed to start selling at the insurance auctions, and those you wanted to watchout for! Makes me wonder a little, but I literally have almost a complete donor, so not worried.

P.S. This car has been sold 5 times since new, first in WY, then MT 3X's, then WA.

Reactions: GON
P.S. This car has been sold 5 times since new, first in WY, then MT 3X's, then WA.
If using it for parts then great but to fix? Unless you're very mechanically inclined I'd pass. I thought you'd mentioned you already have a parts car or is this to buy another one?

EDIT: Looks like you already bought it based on the title.

Back