Cars you just don't see all that often, new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some cars that are new or new-er, maybe 2000s on up but 90s as well perhaps, that you just do not see all that often? (Well, more 2000s. Cars that were supposed to be good, or you wouldnt suspect were not all too much liked, or had mechanical or electrical problems, and you just don't see them all that much!)

My list would be:

- 2005 Toyota 4Runner
- Saturn VUE (apparently not too good mechanically either)
- Newer Saturns like the Aura, etc (brand discontinued but I see a LOT more Pontiacs)
- Nissan Juke
- Dodge Neon (only sometimes)
- ?

*This list is probably different for everyone, so, please chime in!

Two words - Ford Taurus.

The newest generation of Taurus is still so rare around here, its akin to seeing an exotic. "Whoa, what's that?" Just a new Taurus. Its not that it has anonymous styling - far from it - its just that there are very few on the roads. A far cry from the glory years of the Taurus where they were everywhere.

Originally Posted By: css9450
Two words - Ford Taurus.

The newest generation of Taurus is still so rare around here, its akin to seeing an exotic. "Whoa, what's that?" Just a new Taurus. Its not that it has anonymous styling - far from it - its just that there are very few on the roads. A far cry from the glory years of the Taurus where they were everywhere.

I even heard the Taurus-based Lincoln MKS is even worse!
eek.gif
http://www.thecarconnection.com/car-compare-results/ford_taurus_2013-vs-lincoln_mks_2013

The Ford Five Hundred is a bit of an odd car and not many were produced as it was made for 3 years and then rebadged the Taurus till the new gen came out in 2010 .

Mine is the AWD version and since Ford owned Volvo at that time the AWD system is Volvo , the CVT tranny is German . Some have had issues with the CVT but so far OK with mine (I drive it easy) . Throttle body in this model are a bit of a problem (start-stall / rough idle) but just a cleaning usually fixes them up every 60-80K or so .

I will say it's one of the nicest cars to drive I have owned and handles real well . The 3.0 in it is a bit underpowered as it is a full size car .
The came in a non AWD version too with a 6 speed tranny .

Last edited:
Two words - Ford Taurus.

Getting to be fairly common in this area but they have been slow out of the gate . Seems Ford has never really pushed them as far as advertising them , you rarely see mention of them in Ford ads on TV .

My oldest son owns a 2011 loaded SEL....loves it .

Two words - Ford Taurus.

Strange. They are pretty popular here.

Edit: I should clarify the 5th generation (2011-Current) is popular here. I would like to try a 2.0 EB Taurus.

I had a red 2001 Taurus. They were EVERYWHERE.

Last edited:
Hello, My friend's 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander. They love it. I think it's a great car. They want to upgrade to a 2013 leftover. Another friend is champing to buy their 2011. So....
Why don't you see 'em on the roads more?

Actual sales data would help for this thread. Kira

Suzuki Kisashi.
lol.gif

Oddly their econoboxes and/or the daewoo-zook are on the roads here quite a bit despite low manufacturing/ importing numbers compared to the other Japanese brands.

The Nissan van stealthily appears in vinyl wrapped tradesman livery despite a complete lack of advertisement from Nissan USA and the local dealer too. I don't even know what they call it. It's shaped a little like the "mutt cuts" van from "Dumb & Dumber."
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I never see Acura ILXs and have only seen 1 TSX wagon.

No one should see Acura ILXs because it's a terrible model. That said I see both around. Actually here in CNJ I see all of the cars mentioned in this thread except maybe the Ford 500.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Suzuki Kisashi.
lol.gif

Oddly their econoboxes and/or the daewoo-zook are on the roads here quite a bit despite low manufacturing/ importing numbers compared to the other Japanese brands.

The Nissan van stealthily appears in vinyl wrapped tradesman livery despite a complete lack of advertisement from Nissan USA and the local dealer too. I don't even know what they call it. It's shaped a little like the "mutt cuts" van from "Dumb & Dumber."
lol.gif

The NV200 dustbuster van? A local Nissan dealer has had two sitting on their lot for the past 6 months. Apparently they are not hot sellers.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Suzuki Kisashi.
lol.gif

lol.gif

The NV200 dustbuster van? A local Nissan dealer has had two sitting on their lot for the past 6 months. Apparently they are not hot sellers.

The NV Cargo van looks like a loaf of bread on wheels!

Saturn Astra, I detail my neighbors red 2 door hatchback. Quite an interesting little car. He bought it new in 2008 and I've been detailing it every since. I like it even more now since I touched up all the paint chips on the front end. About 50k miles on the original Hankook tires. Tread still looks good but he mentioned replacing them before winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back