can i change oil without changing my fram ultra?

10358 cartridge. It costs $2 extra to make it so small, and to omit the can, base, ADBV valve, and bypass valve. Some other cartridges are higher. Your $9 will buy a Chinese TG10358, in literally the smallest box you can find in the oil-filter section.
I think it's because pretty much all the spin-ons can all be made on the same production line it just takes some adjustments of the tooling to crank out different size filters, the cartridges are generally newer and are made of plastic and not the same metal media cartidge designs they've used for years inside the spin-ons, so they had to invest in new tools and they had to design and test the new cartridges and I'm gonna assume that the cartridges sell at a much lower volume than the spin-ons so the costs of engineering and tooling had to be rolled into the final cost of the cartridges.

I think it's because pretty much all the spin-ons can all be made on the same production line it just takes some adjustments of the tooling to crank out different size filters, the cartridges are generally newer and are made of plastic and not the same metal media cartidge designs they've used for years inside the spin-ons, so they had to invest in new tools and they had to design and test the new cartridges and I'm gonna assume that the cartridges sell at a much lower volume than the spin-ons so the costs of engineering and tooling had to be rolled into the final cost of the cartridges.
I did not like changing oil on a Cruze. The cartridge seemed... Like an afterthought.

"Oh, we'll just put it here."

It's almost an upside-down filter.

At least Remote Locate it. Dang...

I did not like changing oil on a Cruze. The cartridge seemed... Like an afterthought.

"Oh, we'll just put it here."

It's almost an upside-down filter.

At least Remote Locate it. Dang...
We put 145k on a Cruze and I will take that any day over what my new Jeep has …
… easy to reach and easy to break …FCA/ Mopar does not seem to care …

We put 145k on a Cruze and I will take that any day over what my new Jeep has …
… easy to reach and easy to break …FCA/ Mopar does not seem to care …
Just confirmed our Cruze has no compression on one cylinder.

Might be as simple as a new Head Gasket, might need a new engine. Don't know.

My Uncle just told me there is a LOT of stuff has to be disassembled to check it out. Including removal of a Fender.. ???

I am willing to get that car what it needs but you're right, it was a great car, and I'm being serious. A touch small but that's it.

Not changing the filter would be like wearing dirty underwear.
You guys do realize I'm referring to the dirty underwear analogy thread from earlier this week don't you? I will likely always change my filter every time I change the oil. That's me. How someone maintains their vehicle is up to them and none of my business. I'm just playing along.

You guys do realize I'm referring to the dirty underwear analogy thread from earlier this week don't you? I will likely always change my filter every time I change the oil. That's me. How someone maintains their vehicle is up to them and none of my business. I'm just playing along.
I wear my underwear for very, very long times.

If you wear black or brown, you could get by for a really long time. I think I just thought of a multi-million dollar idea. I'll be negotiating with Haynes and Fram to market my new Haynes Ultra underwear with a 20 day UCI.
:)

I run XG's on my burban and do (3) 4000 mile OCI's before changing them. Have some that say "good for 15K miles" and some say 20K

No problems so far in the last year of ownership (y) :cool:

Dave

Can you post pics of it cut open after 3 OCIs?

Dont have time or tools for all that. I'm working 10-15 hour days and just received a letter from TexDot that I have to relocate one of my storage unit's using eminent domain :mad: :mad: . Best I can do is mail it to Adam "Stude53" and he can do the rest ??

I'm kinda curious myself its my "go to filter" for most of my fleet lol

Dave

Ive been running my Fram Ultras on my F150 Ecoboost for 2 oil changes, which is 10000 miles.

I am also running an Ultra in my Lexus GX460 and that is supposed to be 10000 mile oci’s but i may keep it to 7500 and run the filter for 2. I have only done the change once right after I bought it at 73000 miles. The filter on that car is the worst part of the change.

Fram ultra uses the weasel word up to with the mileage description.
All filter manufactures use the weasle word "upto" or something similar ... it's not just a Fram thing.

Can you post pics of it cut open after 3 OCIs?
How about one with 3x OCIs and 25K miles.

Back