Kirkland Oil & shorter oil change intervals

I know that this is going off topic but IMO you should retire as early as you possibly can. Even if you need to work part time to make ends meet. I lost my job almost a year ago at age 53 so I was kind of forced into early retirement but I’m loving it! The freedom is just so awesome. Before I split up with my ex wife we had a plan to retire in 2022 anyway, so I was only one year behind schedule.
I agree, enjoy your life as long as you can! It's crazy how many guys in my industry (railroad) Will retire with a full pension and benefits and then go right back to work for another railroad for another 10 years! We have the luxury of being able to retire as early as 55 with a full pension, yet we have guys here that we couldn't drag out of here in their mid 60's! lol

We got it in writing with the benefits guide. It’s just hard to believe.
I believe you will be able to stay on the Federal employee health benefit plan after five years. You will be able to continue to purchase a policy at the current cost to you of your policy now. You will still be responsible for the employee portion of the cost like you are now. If its 75%gov/25%employee, you keep paying the 25%. Not free but much reduced vs over the counter cost.

As far as Social Security goes... a US Senator recently said SS is going broke and won't be around in a few years ...
You should have stopped listening as soon as you noted a politician was speaking. Today's SS taxes pay today's benefits....it has always been that way. There is NO POOL OF MONEY that your SS taxes go to be stored, waiting on you to retire. The statement made by the politician is a twist on the fact that TODAY more money is being collected by SS taxes than is being paid out, and the surplus isn't being kept in a SS account. Instead, politicians grab this money and use it for things other than SS benefits. In a few years, if we keep going the way things are going, less money will be collected by SS taxes than is being paid out...easily rectified by paying less benefits (which can be direct or indirect by raising the "full retirement age" which has been done in the past), or by raising SS taxes. Or, maybe another COVID-type event will kill enough seniors that the money going out drops a significant amount. So, when politicians speak, you have to look deeper than their words to understand the message.

You should have stopped listening as soon as you noted a politician was speaking. Today's SS taxes pay today's benefits....it has always been that way. There is NO POOL OF MONEY that your SS taxes go to be stored, waiting on you to retire. The statement made by the politician is a twist on the fact that TODAY more money is being collected by SS taxes than is being paid out, and the surplus isn't being kept in a SS account. Instead, politicians grab this money and use it for things other than SS benefits. In a few years, if we keep going the way things are going, less money will be collected by SS taxes than is being paid out...easily rectified by paying less benefits (which can be direct or indirect by raising the "full retirement age" which has been done in the past), or by raising SS taxes. Or, maybe another COVID-type event will kill enough seniors that the money going out drops a significant amount. So, when politicians speak, you have to look deeper than their words to understand the message.
IMO, there should be a 'pool of money' specifically earmarked for what it was collected for....retirement benefits.
The fact that politicians spend that money for other than it's intended purpose is reprehensible. They could have used that money for home loans to veterans (at a lower interest rate than what's available to non-vets) or some other noble, revenue generating cause....but putting it in the 'general fund' to use as they please is totally WRONG. Maybe if Congress people were forced onto SS instead of their Cadillac retirement benefits....they wouldn't squander the funds.

Back