Boat oil used as PCMO?

Just as the title says. My local Walmart had 1 gallon jugs of 10w30 for $5 each. Figured at the least it’ll be good for OPE.

Any issues with using in a car with catalytic converters or at least at a minimum used for top offs?

I use a PCMO in our boats so I can't imagine it would be too awful, probably no different than using an HDEO.

Here’s some photos. Never heard of the brand.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Based on that label and complete lack of any specs or approvals I don’t think I’d use that oil in anything, marine or terrestrial.

Edit- I guess it does have some sort of marine certification, maybe. Even that’s a bit unclear.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Apparently, it does get better..."If repeat use is desired"...this oil must magically refill when the FunLPro hose is collapsed!!!:LOL:

OP, I wouldn't recommend this based on the missing approvals/specs.

Edit - Oddly enough, I don't see this brand listed on the current NMMA list that the label says both it "exceeds" and at the bottom claims to be "Certified"

Last edited:
I don't see an API donut (or any API service specification) on there.

It is 5 dollars, yeah but I would run from that oil.

Unless you are feeling brave and maybe want to use it to top off an oil burner.

Just as the title says. My local Walmart had 1 gallon jugs of 10w30 for $5 each. Figured at the least it’ll be good for OPE.

Any issues with using in a car with catalytic converters or at least at a minimum used for top offs?
They use several ASTM standards plus an NMMA corrosion test and outboard motor tests …
Your label notes the Cats meow version
Seems OK for OPE with a 3.3 HTHS spec ~

Back