Black Vehicle??

Black is ok, Wish i would've gotten it in the bright silver instead. Feels too hidden and the front is too toned down compared to the last gen. The sliver would've helped bring it up like the one i saw recently. Kind of regret black but it still looks sharp up close.

image.jpeg

Black cars are beautiful for the entire 10 minutes that they stay clean. 😂
My Wife’s Chrysler (which is in need of a good detail) and my Daughters Mazda that just received a quick wash after her oil change.
Black cars are a lot of work. I don’t know if we’ll have another black car in the future.
My Son is inheriting the Chrysler, so he can take care of it. 😏
6557313B-73A1-40B5-ABD6-ACC6CF77C198.jpeg

I had never owned a black car until eight years ago when we bought my wife's Outback. Then I bought my E350 a few years ago, also in black.

I'm a fool. Sure, they look nice when clean. Which lasts about 2 hours, after spending the entire morning sweating over the details. It drives me bonkers!

I'm cautious to not say Never Again, as one never knows. And It is hard to find But there are so many other gorgeous paint colors out there.

What I do not want again is a total black interior. My 2009 Grey Accord has black leather interior and it is a pain in the rear to keep it nice looking.

What I do not want again is a total black interior. My 2009 Grey Accord has black leather interior and it is a pain in the rear to keep it nice looking.
Have you had light gray or light brown interiors? I love black interiors. They stain much less and clean up easier. Had a light brown f150 and have a light gray denali and theyre impossible.

Last edited:
Have you had light gray or light brown interiors? I love black interiors. They stain much less and clean up easier. Had a light brown f150 and have a light gray denali and theyre impossible.
Yep, had a grey leather interior for over 18 years the wife and I both liked. She did manage to stain a few spots that took some work to clean up but we just preferred that color for a leather interior. Just seems like we always needing to clean the interior of our car with the black leather we have owned since 2009. It is very nice too.

Yep, had a grey leather interior for over 18 years the wife and I both liked. She did manage to stain a few spots that took some work to clean up but we just preferred that color for a leather interior. Just seems like we always needing to clean the interior of our car with the black leather we have owned since 2009. It is very nice too.
i find that black immediately looks dirtier but it also cleans up more easily. i can just wipe the panels and seats with a damp cloth and he carpet vacuums easily.

i find that black immediately looks dirtier but it also cleans up more easily. i can just wipe the panels and seats with a damp cloth and he carpet vacuums easily.
Yes. I have read someplace that pure distilled water is the best thing to use on leather first in the cleaning process before you use what ever long term protectant you like.

View attachment 77792View attachment 77791

Black looks great for a hot minute after a correction and coating, but it is a needlessly high maintenance color for a daily driver.
Yeah it is needlessly high maintenance for a daily but it really is beautiful when it's perfect. When it's perfect. Always carefully hand washing and ceramic spray waxing mine and keeping it away from other cars but my new truck hasn't even driven 3k in the whole year I've had it so it's hardly damaged. Just minor scratches and one rock chip. Only got it in black since it's not a daily. But I couldn't get black on a daily driver again it's just too hard to live with.

On a Sunday car it's acceptable. Still gonna have to get it corrected at least once maybe twice in the time I'll own it. Never corrected my 300k original paint yukon and that metallic silver is still beautiful and shows almost nothing.

Last edited:
1930646_505948085337_5910_n.jpg

I had this black 1991 Nissan 240SX that I never should have sold. Now I'm looking at black BMW 2 and 3-series. Love black cars, they're just so classy. Everybody needs to stop putting black wheels on them though!

Back