"Best" FCPEuro A40 / C40 Oil

Looking for the best Porsche A40/C40 Oil on FCP Euro.

The oils are divided in approvals, and "suitable" for. Obviously not the same, and the only ones we know that meet the requirements are the ones with approvals. That being said suitable oils might be a good alternative.

Best being defined as least wear, highest wear protection.

A40 or C40 Approved (Most are A40 only)
Liquid Moly Synthoil
Motul 8100 XMAX
Liquid Moly Leuichlauf High Tech 0W40/5w40
Liquid Moly Top Tec 4100
Pentospeed Super Performance
Pentospeed High Performance
Motul X-cess Gen 2

A40 or C40 Suitable:
Redline 0W40 only
Motul 300V
Driven DT40
Driven DI40
Liquid Moly Molygen

Certain oils have multiple viscocities. If applications is a consideration: 50F+ starts, changed 2x a year, 1000 miles OCI.

Does it have to be on FCP? I would probably use PP Euro 5W-40 or M1 0W-40 over at least half of those on the list. If it must be, the 300V if you don't care about spec and the XCess Gen2 if you do.

Last edited:

The oils are divided in approvals, and "suitable" for. Obviously not the same, and the only ones we know that meet the requirements are the ones with approvals. That being said suitable oils might be a good alternative.

Liquid Moly Synthoil
Motul 8100 XMAX
Liquid Moly Top Tec 4100
Motul X-cess Gen 2

A40 or C40 Suitable:
Redline 0W40 only
Motul 300V
Driven DT40
Driven DI40
Liquid Moly Molygen

Certain oils have multiple viscocities. If applications is a consideration: 50F+ starts, changed 2x a year, 1000 miles OCI.
People developed and launched Space Shuttle in shorter period of time.
I mean, I thought we covered all this in other topic about your Porsche.

Last edited:

Liquid Moly Synthoil
Motul 8100 XMAX
Liquid Moly Top Tec 4100
Motul X-cess Gen 2

A40 or C40 Suitable:
Redline 0W40 only
Motul 300V
Driven DT40
Driven DI40
Liquid Moly Molygen

You, as well as no one else here, can say with any absolute certainty that any lube on that list (or others you've left off such as HPL or Amsoil) will be "best" (using your definition). You've listed a dozen products which would vie for the title of "best". It would take, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars of manpower, lab resources and real-world testing to declare a "best".

You're barking up a hypothetical tree with no real hope of any sane answer.

You already have acknowledged the choices you face (licensed vs. suitable for use).
Pick one and move on.

Synthoil is 0W40. Leichtlauf is 5W40, not both 0 or 5W. If FCP I'd go with the most expensive one.

Does it have to be on FCP? I would probably use PP Euro 5W-40 or M1 0W-40 over at least half of those on the list. If it must be, the 300V if you don't care about spec and the XCess Gen2 if you do.

It doesn't have to be, but it's a plus. If the car was under warranty I'd do the XCess Gen 2, and call it a day.

Currently running Mobil 1 5W50 FS X2 since it's $6.99 a quart at Napa. Doing the math it's $60 buck in oil, 8 quarts with tax. Is it worth it to package and ship oil back, I am beginning to think it's not. Maybe I just buy the filter form FCP, and keep running the 5W50 since it's A40 approved. I am at about 500 miles now on the 5W50 M1, going to do a UOA and swap in the same oil til the fall.

Edit*: Napa is having a sale if you buy 10 quarts of Mobil 1, you get $10 bucks off. Right now on Napa you can get Mobil 1 5W50 for $6/ quart. No brainer. I picked up 10. Problem solved.

I am interested to see what the Mobil 1 C40 GT looks like when it is finally released in the wild. Apparently, I believe you posted it, Porsche saw better wear protection with the Mobil 1 ESP X3 than the Mobil 1 FS X2 Euro.
Synthoil is 0W40. Leichtlauf is 5W40, not both 0 or 5W. If FCP I'd go with the most expensive one.
The most expensive oil on the list is Driven DI40.

You, as well as no one else here, can say with any absolute certainty that any lube on that list (or others you've left off such as HPL or Amsoil) will be "best" (using your definition). You've listed a dozen products which would vie for the title of "best". It would take, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars of manpower, lab resources and real-world testing to declare a "best".

You're barking up a hypothetical tree with no real hope of any sane answer.

You already have acknowledged the choices you face (licensed vs. suitable for use).
Pick one and move on.

The list was based on the oil on FCP Euro, that meet or are suitable for A40/C40. Nothing more or less.

Last edited:
Back