Anyone loyal to one brand of oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I used Castrol, now I only use Amsoil in everything of mine, car and lawnmower. Well, aside from the break-in oil for the lawnmower, after that's out Amsoil 0w-40 will go in.

For about 7 years (time I started doing my oil changes till I cam here) it was Valvoline only. I had a 1 time use of mobil 1 and just could not justify it, so I went back.
I then came here and saw there were other oils that performed wel and cost less. Lately it has been whatever is on special.
Quite a stash of MaxLife, DuraBlend, PP, and Mobil 1 EP and have a few bottles of GC.

I ran pennzoil 10w30 exclusively for about 2.5-3 years. I now run valvoline maxlife with AA total grip oil filters.

I have an admittedly old school concern about incompatibilities among oils, but I figure it can't hurt to select one reputable brand of oil and stick with it. The Dodge Stratus and my son's girlfriend's Camry get Pennzoil 5W-30 dino, whereas the Passat gets Mobil 1 0W-40 "[spoiled] European car formula."

M-1 with a 1.5 oz./qt. dose of VSOT.

Break-in oil was Motorcraft and Havoline 5w-20.

If I ran a dino, I'd run Havoline, however. It has lots of moly, and a pretty high flashpoint.

For my 7500-mile OCIs on this new car, it's M-1 5W-30-VSOT/Amsoil filters.

Never. Currently, I'm running Valvoline MaxLife 10W-30 (just changed it today), mainly because it's free and seems to be a fine part-PAO synthetic oil. At $10.27 for a five pack, even if I don't get both rebates, it was little more expensive than any regular oil...

All the conventional oils are so good today, but I prefer Havoline, Castrol GTX, or Pennzoil, that if I had to choose, I'd flip a coin or buy the one of those three that was on sale...

For synthetic, I'd still go with either Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platnium, while thinking about GC or Amsoil as well...

For the next several months I'll be loyal to my 22 quarts of $.88 a quart Havoline synthetic, thanks to Advance Auto.

After Ashland Chemical fired me in 1975, I switched to Pennzoil. In the late 80's, I cut corners and used QS. After finding a sludge problem, I went back to Pennzoil, and haven't used anything else since. I am not about to go to whatever Wal-Mart has cheap.

Really thinking of abandoning dino for Platinium.

Just started using amsoil and so far so good here but ill back it up with a uoa in the near future. Series 3K is what i use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back