Anyone else feel bad, about getting rid of your kid's toys?

Heck no. Half the stuff they had they'd rarely play with. I'd be thrilled to give them away! Actually made money selling outgrown bicycles during COVID, when bikes were hard to come by.

My three boys were always huge on Legos. Some really cool stuff. I never could understand their MO though.. They'd build these big intricate things, then allow them to get broken down again, never to be rebuilt. I even offered to help them glue them solid. I had bin after bin of Lego pieces in my house. 10's of thousands of pieces.

Last edited:
My wife's niece has four kids . Three of them are young and have tons of toys . She will NOT get rid of anything . It's out of control . I can't imagine what it's going to look like by the time they get older .

I’d donate them to a 2nd hand store, maybe keeping a couple, or asking them what they want to keep.

Back in the early 90’s I sold my entire original Star Wars collection for $5, including the very rare Star Wars miniature sets. Ouch.

I’ve listed some of my old He-Man stuff on eBay and came out very well too. Any of their stuff valuable?

My Parents and Grandparents made sure to keep my Ertl tractors around until I could have them at a house. My kids will be dealing with them after I’m gone, as they aren’t for sale. I’ve sold and bought new, but the ones from my childhood go nowhere while I’m alive. As I buy new ones from antique stores I expect mine will all be there someday as well.

Toy Story 3 was my first thought as well. My oldest lined up in age with each of those movies and 3 was brutal to watch.

Back