Analysis: PEA in different cleaners (Techron, Archoil, Oilsyn, Pro-Tec)

You can get Gumout Regane Complete, it has high P.E.A. content and is sold at WM etc, it's fairly expensive in Canada compared to US, I can get 6 bottles in US for US$20 and in Canada it's C$10 a bottle...

I don't think you can actually get the PEA formula in Canada anymore (the bottles at Crappy Tire have a GDI symbol where PEA used to be), we have a specific Canadian formulation which has zero PEA content (looking at the SDS docs available):

Gumout All-in-One (Canadian formula) has very low PEA:

You may be right, then look for US Regane product code ones, may still be available. US bottles dropped P.E.A. symbol as well but the product code SDS still shows P.E.A.
Regane HM with SKU: 510023, 800001365, 510105, 510023ES still shows 10-30%
Ragane Complete with SKU: 510014, 510014ES, 510014W, 800001364, 510106 shows 10-30%
Canadian Tire and WM sell SKU 800001743 - meh...

Last time I bought 6 pack on US Amazon for US$20.76 - 3 weeks ago - it was SKU 510014.
But I live so close to US border I get gas and milk in USA due to price difference.

Wow! Wonder who makes that for BMW? Seems to be made in Belgium
a.jpg

I don't think you can actually get the PEA formula in Canada anymore (the bottles at Crappy Tire have a GDI symbol where PEA used to be), we have a specific Canadian formulation which has zero PEA content (looking at the SDS docs available):
Gumout Regane High Mileage sold in Canada seems to have PEA. There's a link to the Canadian SDS on the Canadian tire website. PEA content is 26.2%.

Добрий Вечір Urman,

I wanted to know if you've worked out which of these cleaners offers the best value for money ? :cool:

You've probably got the data !
:))

My top for gasoline: BG 44K, BMW Twin Turbo, Texaco Techron.

For Diesel: BG 245, Texaco Techron, LM 5156 (diesel reinger pro line).

If the only one-BG

Value will be relative to geographic region. Domestic US, 4 bottles of Redline SI-1 (on Amazon) is similar in price two 2 cans of BG44k, so Redline ends up being a better value. The total treatment rate in a tank of fuel is enough with either to use a single bottle/can per OCI, so you get effectively double the treatment mileage. The argument could be made that BG44k will provide more thorough cleaning, but for BITOGers that routinely use fuel system cleaners as part of the maintenance schedule, it shouldn't make a huge difference.

Back