I used 14 fuel system cleaners in 1 OCI and looked at it with an endoscope

Chevron techron 100 drops! It's more cleaning than redline..70 drops. Bg44k 140 drops!
He should do drop test for gumout regain, high mileage, ECT...
Yeah right to Redline. That **** barely has 10% of what redline has.
Sure a close second but not better.

So @wwillson I was unawares of the reasons why Techron said “only 2 treatments per OCI” so I had a long chat with our favorite hydrocarbon blender… learned that PEA/PIB/etc are beneficial for injector & chamber cleaning, but excessive volumes that get into the crankcase can cause rapid oxidative thickening.

I’ve secured a large quantity of HPL fuel system cleaner, and I run one bottle per OCI (I cut the ZT Kawi FR730V down to half a bottle per season) and I’m not particularly concerned because clean injectors and a 5w/10w oil with PAO does not concern me one bit.

God bless BITOG and the fact that HPL latched onto our little corner of the irrelevant internet… where we lucked into a company that actually listens to what the “nobodies” want, and delivers products that the “somebodies” can only get via large $ amounts and private connections… and we can order for normal money and get it in two days! Thank you @High Performance Lubricants for making customer preference and ultimate customer performance your mantra! 👍🏻
i didn't even know HPL made a fuel system cleaner. don't see it on their website.

So @wwillson I was unawares of the reasons why Techron said “only 2 treatments per OCI” so I had a long chat with our favorite hydrocarbon blender… learned that PEA/PIB/etc are beneficial for injector & chamber cleaning, but excessive volumes that get into the crankcase can cause rapid oxidative thickening.

I’ve secured a large quantity of HPL fuel system cleaner, and I run one bottle per OCI (I cut the ZT Kawi FR730V down to half a bottle per season) and I’m not particularly concerned because clean injectors and a 5w/10w oil with PAO does not concern me one bit.

God bless BITOG and the fact that HPL latched onto our little corner of the irrelevant internet… where we lucked into a company that actually listens to what the “nobodies” want, and delivers products that the “somebodies” can only get via large $ amounts and private connections… and we can order for normal money and get it in two days! Thank you @High Performance Lubricants for making customer preference and ultimate customer performance your mantra! 👍🏻
Think you are totally correct about not only their quality products. Also the simple luck of this BITOG community that someone as successful as the HPL company is , that they would be the least bit interested in helping and even listening to members questions or concerns from this tiny group like us on the internet which I am sure is only a small fraction of their business. If you think about it , we do not even have that many BITOG members who have stated they actually use HPL. Most usualy discuss how happy they are that they find all of the products they seek for good prices on the Walmart shelves which is fine too. To each his own. I like the signature comment I saw on BITOG one day: something like "let him who is without lubrication be the first to throw a rod!" LoL

Think you are totally correct about not only their quality products. Also the simple luck of this BITOG community that someone as successful as the HPL company is , that they would be the least bit interested in helping and even listening to members questions or concerns from this tiny group like us on the internet which I am sure is only a small fraction of their business. If you think about it , we do not even have that many BITOG members who have stated they actually use HPL. Most usualy discuss how happy they are that they find all of the products they seek for good prices on the Walmart shelves which is fine too. To each his own. I like the signature comment I saw on BITOG one day: something like "let him who is without lubrication be the first to throw a rod!" LoL
I’m perfectly happy for those who shop at WM and enjoy what they get for their money. I also like having the ability to purchase oils that have a minimum of compromises and a maximum of excellent components to trade some minimal up front savings for longer service life of the machinery and the oil.

That’s the beauty of capitalism. Multiple tiers of quality are available, all at a price that is tiered as well. Consumer choice rules!

I’m perfectly happy for those who shop at WM and enjoy what they get for their money. I also like having the ability to purchase oils that have a minimum of compromises and a maximum of excellent components to trade some minimal up front savings for longer service life of the machinery and the oil.

That’s the beauty of capitalism. Multiple tiers of quality are available, all at a price that is tiered as well. Consumer choice rules!
Totally with you. Believe me , when I look into my check book register there is one listing that out numbers all others. The listing is in fact WalMart. (y) So they do get a big share of the monies the wife and I spend. I pass no judgement over choices folks make to spend and use their own money on and wish more folks would feel that way. :) What comes to mind that I just cant get over (no one in mind) is the unreal Royal Purple hatred that pops up from time to time on internet. Sorry off topic in OP for additive/gas treatments. Did we get an answer on folks "best" choice of cleaner yet? OK I see HPL mentioned as selling a product for it also....

? You said he was referring to DI and I quoted him saying that fuel doesn’t touch valves either way. That implies port injection does not have fuel touching valves. I politely asked if there is information I was not aware of, because port injection does have fuel touching the valves.
Valve overlap. Happens every 4 cycles.

where do you buy HPL fuel system cleaner? they don't sell it on their website

some of the newer GDI engines actually do spray a bit of fuel on the top of the valves.
Subarus do this as well. Here's an example of valves from a WRX with 35k miles. The lower valve stem and tops of the valves are still pretty clean due to the fuel spray, whereas the upper valve stem and intake runners are a lot dirtier.

The person who posted this also did datalogs of full throttle pulls before and after walnut blasting. There was no significant change in airflow after the valve cleaning. If anything, the engine seemed to flow slightly better before the walnut blasting.

2015 WRX IVD - 35k miles.jpg

where do you buy HPL fuel system cleaner? they don't sell it on their website
You can only get it if you show up at the HPL facility- it cannot be shipped by any method without paying the hazardous surcharges… which makes it stupid expensive.

It’s sold in cases of 12, I believe the price is $249.99/case but that’s full retail. However, both Dave W and Dave S have said 1 bottle is enough to treat the 36 gallon tank in my truck, so it’s quite concentrated. Normal sized tank in a car would probably take 4oz, so 3 treatments per bottle for a 16 gallon tank?

Back