Amsoil engine flush...snake oil scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know this? And depletes additives? How does that happen?

Detergency in oils has nothing to do with cleaning existing deposits.
First off, you are just spatting off without even looking into what I said. Go to the Motor Oil Geeks YT video on additives and you may learn something.
Also Amsoil has this noted under the Engine Flush specs,
  • Potent, detergent-based formula cleans sludge and deposit build-up, promoting reduced oil consumption

First off, you are just spatting off without even looking into what I said. Go to the Motor Oil Geeks YT video on additives and you may learn something.
Also Amsoil has this noted under the Engine Flush specs,
  • Potent, detergent-based formula cleans sludge and deposit build-up, promoting reduced oil consumption
Actually you are the one who is just "spatting" off, talking about how this flush doesn't "deplete additives" but others do, and that detergency cleans existing deposits. Amsoil is being imprecise here, going with a common understanding of detergency and detergents but that is not correct.

Can you explain how additives are depleted by other flushes and what that even means?

And sorry, I don't get my technical information from YouTube. Obviously you do but I don't.

Actually you are the one who is just "spatting" off, talking about how this flush doesn't "deplete additives" but others do, and that detergency cleans existing deposits. Amsoil is being imprecise here, going with a common understanding of detergency and detergents but that is not correct.

Can you explain how additives are depleted by other flushes and what that even means?

And sorry, I don't get my technical information from YouTube. Obviously you do but I don't.
Okay, So a tribologist information you won't listen too. No sense in discussing anything with a know-it-all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back