Almost a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: grampi

What's wrong with our society that a person whose in right has to keep their mouth shut to someone who is clearly in the wrong?

You've got to try to keep up...btw that's the wrong "whose"

You can do as you wish, as long as you can back your decision.

I didn't know I was being graded on my grammar...I think everyone got the meaning...

What's wrong with our society that a person whose in right has to keep their mouth shut to someone who is clearly in the wrong?

No one appointed me to police idiots who will never change. Testosterone no no longer own me I use my brain instead.

Quote:
You don't spend much time in the city, do you?

Sounds like you guys don't

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I have noticed that certain cultures in this world hold little regard for personal anything. Personal property, personal space, etc.

I have also noticed that members of a certain culture in this country will spew out racist dog whistles in forum posts without even realizing that they are doing it, when they think that everyone on the forum is a member of that same culture.

Quote:
I live in a part of NYC where just north of me it gets really bad. By really bad I mean during the summer time, these animals will walk on the roofs of cars and jump from car to car that way, like we're in a jungle or something. This is why we can't have nice things in some places.

How about you go to that area, call them that to their faces, and see what happens.

Or better yet, if you don't like living in Staten Island and near the other 4 boroughs of NYC, I hear that both Montana and North Dakota are really nice this time of year.

Grow up already.

BC.

Bladecutter,

Your response seems almost more racist than Doublewasps. The definition of culture is: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, OR social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (such as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time , i.e., popular culture, Southern culture.

You seem to have automatically assigned a racial inference to his use of "certain cultures in this world". I looked at it and thought about entitled groups, lax parenting groups, etc., regardless of race. "Certain cultures in this world" is about as broad of paintbrush one could use and NOT assign it to any race. I see the type of behavior being discussed here in affluent, white communities also. Yes, they think they are better than everyone else and don't show respect to others.

Years ago I read somewhere that everyone is racist a smidgen no matter how open minded they think they are. Your interpretation and jump to conclusion seems to be a bit hypocritical and supports this concept?

Originally Posted By: Leo99
People have no respect for others or their property anymore. In their mind, they see nothing wrong with leaning on, or sitting another's vehicle. I used to catch people sitting on my motorcycle all the time without asking. They got off pretty quickly when I threatened them with bodily harm. I don't put up with this garbage...

I would just assume that's an automatic beat-down.

With the H*lls Angels it would. Even much smaller things will set them off like touching the back of their jacket or interrupting a conversation that one of them is in. So yes a little respect goes a long way. In my mind I'd like to get an air horn and sound it off behind the guy. But I'd probably just give him a hard stare down. Not much good will come from escalating it. Plus the action has already been done, so no un-doing it.

Sounds like the daughter is Italian from my experience, feisty.

This reminds me of a parking lot for a hike on the central coast in California.
heavy edit - mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: zorobabel
This reminds me of a parking lot for a hike on the central coast in California.
heavy edit - mod

People like this are complete social idiots ... they need a good beating to learn some social manners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Bladecutter,

Your response seems almost more racist than Doublewasps. The definition of culture is: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, OR social group; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (such as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or time , i.e., popular culture, Southern culture.

You seem to have automatically assigned a racial inference to his use of "certain cultures in this world". I looked at it and thought about entitled groups, lax parenting groups, etc., regardless of race. "Certain cultures in this world" is about as broad of paintbrush one could use and NOT assign it to any race. I see the type of behavior being discussed here in affluent, white communities also. Yes, they think they are better than everyone else and don't show respect to others.

Years ago I read somewhere that everyone is racist a smidgen no matter how open minded they think they are. Your interpretation and jump to conclusion seems to be a bit hypocritical and supports this concept?

That's how their side operates these days. You can't use any ethnic term at all to describe a person because if you do, they call you a racist.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Parked my car on the street in Philly today.

I found the problem
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back