Almost a fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people. I tell you, truly. Parked my car on the street in Philly today. Went into a restaurant with my daughter to celebrate her 26th birthday. Come out and walking to my car, notice a guy leaning on my car and smoking a cig. My daughter, says, "Hey, dad, is that guy leaning on your car?" Yes, I do believe he is. My daughter being more city savvy than me, crosses the street more daringly and ahead of me. By the time I get there, the guy is yelling at my daughter saying she has no common courtesy and he doesn't appreciate the dirty look she gave him. He says that all we had to do was exhibit common courtesy ask politely and he would have stopped leaning on the car. I explained to him that common courtesy is not leaning on someone's car other than your own. It got pretty loud. I thought the cops were going to come. Would have been my 3rd wacky police encounter in the past month. Glad I don't live in the city.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Do you look hard?

Wasn't me. Was my 5'1" size 0 daughter.

I ignore people like that. Too many unstable armed people out there.

I act if I feel seriously threatened, but no words will cause that.

Where in Philadelphia? I've seen similar behavior in this city before and I just don't understand it. Other places that I've lived you wouldn't dare touch other people's cars.

Tell your daughter not to confront people like that. You should just use the alarm button on your car remote.

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
What, does your daughter have the short woman syndrome?

She's not too timid to give someone leaning on our car a dirty look.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JamesBond
Where in Philadelphia? I've seen similar behavior in this city before and I just don't understand it. Other places that I've lived you wouldn't dare touch other people's cars.

Tell your daughter not to confront people like that. You should just use the alarm button on your car remote.

It was in Mount Airy. My daughter is getting better about confrontations.

Did the guy damage it? I've had the same thing happen to me and I just say hello, get in my car and leave. Nothing to get worked up about. 3rd encounter with the police in a month?

Come on up to Brooklyn on a Friday night, it'll blow your mind

Or even easier, go to Camden at literally any time

One thing you'll learn in time in the city is that some battles just aren't worth fighting

The rules are different when people are more densely packed

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Did the guy damage it? I've had the same thing happen to me and I just say hello, get in my car and leave. Nothing to get worked up about. 3rd encounter with the police in a month?

I picked my daughter up from school in Camden. She ran and hopped in my car and the local cop directing traffic stopped us to make sure she was ok and there was nothing bad going on.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: Silverado12

I picked my daughter up from school in Camden. She ran and hopped in my car and the local cop directing traffic stopped us to make sure she was ok and there was nothing bad going on.

Silverado12: what does it matter whether he damaged it? The dude's daughter apparently didn't even mouth off to him - she simply gave him a dirty look.

The guy obviously knew he was doing something that would upset an owner and was waiting to get a rise out of someone.

Have you ever heard of the knock-out game? Some nimrods are simply looking for reasons to hurt others. Maybe the OP looked hard enough not to mess with, though it was his daughter who initially set this whacko off.

//

I grew up in DE ("capital city" of Philadelphia)! Many parts of Philly were shistey in the 90s and 2000s. I guess it hasn't improved much since then...

I've had this happen once to me. I still can't believe anyone would lean on someone's car.

You'd have to be a special kind of idiot or raised by a pack of jaguars to think its acceptable. People who do that should be given a kick in the rear.

That goes for all property. Don't touch other peoples property without permission. It's that simple yet we have an underclass of losers who think people pay a lot of money and buy cars, just so these losers have a place to lean on, like a bench or something. It's usually losers who don't have anything, so they don't understand the concept of what it's like to own something and have a jerk off lean on it.

I live in a part of NYC where just north of me it gets really bad. By really bad I mean during the summer time, these people will walk on the roofs of cars and jump from car to car that way, like we're in a jungle or something. This is why we can't have nice things in some places.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Pepper spray is a help to change the attitude of the low class.

A blast of the green slime in the guy's mug would have provided for an effective attitude adjustment.
A taser would have also worked well.
Plenty of non-lethal self-defense weapons available online.
No reason that some mug would have been leaning against the OP's POV other than to try to start something.

I think the guy worked in a nearby business and popped out for a smoke. There was a bench literally 6 feet away from him that he could have sat down on.

Last edited:
If the Philly cops had been called, some moron with a cellphone would have recorded everything and the Political Correctness People would be all over it with claims of this or that, most likely making it racial.

Still the inconsiderate slug should have been sitting on the bench, not leaning on your car. Maybe he could have told where his car was, so you could return the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back