Lost a car today

Out shoveling snow this morning, cleaned the daughter's (well mine) car off, she took off for school. Was wrapping up snow cleaning, wife came out the door--daughter rolled the car. Not sure I've driven faster on worse roads, seatbelt nearly got torn in two due to that **** tension that fires if you pull too hard--yeah I got a lot of fine motor control when the heart is off the chart.

She's fine, I'm not. I'm not sure I've gotten over the adrenaline dump. Hell my heart is spiking just rethinking it.

1701705541017.jpg

I called it write-off on the scene. All gone. :(
1701705572680.jpg

I just put snows on the other day, they were old but it wasn't icy. Or I should say icy much, probably the slush got packed down, turned to ice. Tight turn, probably kicked out in the rear and overcorrected.

Sorry, I know you've been trying to keep the fleet at +1 and now this.

I'm glad everyone's okay. I rolled a car once, my heart didn't slow down for a few days. In my experience the pick n pull will give you more money for the car than the scrap yard will, and I save any good stuff like batteries, gas, or tires that I can. Does it still run? You could try and sell it as a parts car or engine+transmission if there's not much mechanical damage.

Thanks all.

I looked at it on scene and knew it was a write-off, so I did just that. Not towing back home, parting out, etc. Yeah I probably could do something but... nope. It did its job, all are ok, it didn't owe me anything. Well, I would have liked more, and I was toying with trading cars with the daughter so as to have it back... maybe in hindsight I should have. I still have two sets of 14" rims and the hubcaps, so I got that going for me.

I'm not happy about car shopping... but as said, cars are replaceable. Given how my emotions were on the drive over, any anxiety over car shopping I've had in the past, well it just doesn't compare.

Taking the day off from work, although I still need to run the son to college. The wrecked car was going to go into the shop this week for an exhaust leak, so instead his CRV (with its alternator problem) will go in instead, get me back to a minimum of required vehicles on the road.

Would the car still run and drive?
Didn't try. I think the battery started smoking while it was upside down? I think they reached in and cut the battery while it was upside down, as later on I tried to move the electric seat back and it wouldn't go.

The snowbank that is dirt in this photo, that's not a snowbank, that's all dirt with a big rock that you can't see well. Am guessing it'd move, if the battery was hooked up, but who knows what got tweaked. [Photo is just before it was rolled back over by the rollback. Yeah I had recovered a bit and was in the frame to take pics at the time.]
1701707973108.jpg

Back