All food consumed in one day

I know everyone here loves having fish for dinner. This may look as nasty as canned tuna but it's absolutely delicious. 500g of fried Atlantic mackerel, marinated in spicy vinegar marinade. Tossed lovingly on a bed of shredded daikon. The bones have been softened by the marinade and you can eat them. I only pull out the spine and eat the remaining fishbones with the fish flesh. Omega 3s, very low mercury, B vitamins, iodine!

I don't want this to become repetitive so I'll post only pictures of meals that differ at least somewhat from previously shown ones.

This was my breakfast bowl. Sautéed onions, king oyster mushroom, sprouts, ham, egg, and one tablespoon of oat bran, sliced raw tomato That's another meal that tastes better than the cat food it resembles.

My dinner was pot roast in a cream sauce with mashed potatoes and Polish salad. I went a little heavy on the sauce but I added more meat later.

The sauce?
Pan drippings, cream, tomato product.
What else?
A little bit of medium dark roux, stock, a shot of ACV, sour cream, tomato paste, and parsley. I cooked onion, carrot, parsley, and celery root in the stock which I strained. Herbs and spices, including a good amount of Hungarian paprika; hence the reddish color.

A little bit of medium dark roux, stock, a shot of ACV, sour cream, tomato paste, and parsley. I cooked onion, carrot, parsley, and celery root in the stock which I strained. Herbs and spices, including a good amount of Hungarian paprika; hence the reddish color.
Well played mister.
Bet it's plenty deep.
Yum.

This was $60 for the pound.
Super deep and earthy, always goes into any braise or roasting rub.
20230401_204308.jpg

Probably inappropriate but hardly worth its own post. Hot cocoa. Guittard Rouge is a Dutch-processed (alkalized) product that I like because it's of good quality and because Guittard is a small local company. I use inulin (chicory fiber) as a 0-calorie prebiotic sweetener. No milk but filk (fake milk).

cacao: made from raw cacao beans and never alkalized (healthier, may not be suitable for baking depending on leavener)

cocoa: made from roasted cacao beans (darker, more mellow and smoother taste). Alkalized/Dutch-processed cocoa is less acidic tasting.

Probably inappropriate but hardly worth its own post. Hot cocoa. Guittard Rouge is a Dutch-processed (alkalized) product that I like because it's of good quality and because Guittard is a small local company. I use inulin (chicory fiber) as a 0-calorie prebiotic sweetener. No milk but filk (fake milk).

cacao: made from raw cacao beans and never alkalized (healthier, may not be suitable for baking depending on leavener)

cocoa: made from roasted cacao beans (darker, more mellow and smoother taste). Alkalized/Dutch-processed cocoa is less acidic tasting.

Looks nice.
Not that I care about calories, I ask only in the interest of mouth feel.
Is there a fat component to it?
A lot of the glory is the smooth creamy texture.
Does this beverage have that?

Looks nice.
Not that I care about calories, I ask only in the interest of mouth feel.
Is there a fat component to it?
A lot of the glory is the smooth creamy texture.
Does this beverage have that?
Let's see

1.5 - 2 tbsp powdered cocoa comes to 0.7 to 1 g of fat and 2 g of carbs, and 1 g of fiber. >1 g of protein.
I cup (240 ml) filk has 4 g of fat, 7 g of carbs, and 4 g of fiber. 4 g of protein.
Subtract the fiber from the carbs.

Total is >/=5 g fat and 4 g carbs. >/= 5g protein.

I think I'll live. The filk I use is pretty creamy thanks to its coconut content. Strauss whole milk tastes better but this wasn't a special day. ;)

My dinner was sautéed chicken, onion, peppers, mung bean sprouts, riced cauliflower, stock, some wild rice, liquid aminos, a little sour cream, and herbs and spices.

Breakfast was a pan-fried tortilla covered with ham and egg mixed with riced cauliflower, chopped onion, tomatoes, and parsley, then folded over. Two locally grown mandarins.

My lunch was a bento box. The grey-purple-looking stuff under the salmon is konnyaku. The wormy dealies in the bottom right cubby hole are pickled radishes. One deep-fried shrimp - living on the edge.

Last edited:
I had a date-and-nut bar around mid-afternoon. I make different versions of these bars once a week. I always have one in my glove box or in my jacket pocket. This is a high-caloric, high-density but very low-carb snack that comes in handy after dog-paddling and a wild goose chase.

Ingredients: dates, figs, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, pistachios, ground chia seeds inulin, powdered cacao, egg whites as a high-protein binding agent. These bars are baked and remain edible for at least one week. I also make no-bake bars but they require a little maple syrup as a binding agent. That's great when the bar is consumed as a workout snack.

Sardines, crackers with Swiss, and blackberries for dinner. Sardines contain 1/10 to 1/20 the mercury found in most tuna but almost twice the Omega-3 fatty acids. These are from Trader Joe's, no salt added, in water. Also a salad.

I eat the same thing every day. I just get the Chipotle bowl, light on the rice and get the black beans, steak and pico de gallo, lettuce, guacamole. I like to have unsweetened iced tea also for the flavonoids and the virtually no calories but the caffeine helps me stay awake. Don't ask me how many rewards points I have because I'm too ashamed to tell people LOL. Although eventually one day I want to go in and get like 50 scoops of guacamole with all my points.

Attachments

• 20230328_133447.jpg
    20230328_133447.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 3
For lunch I fried a little bacon, then I sautéed onions, king oyster, hen of the woods, and beech mushrooms. I fried an omelette in the bacon grease. Served with mixed greens and tomato.

Back