All food consumed in one day

Dinner was heirloom carrots, Brussels sprouts, sausage, mushrooms, stock, a little sour cream, spices, and konnyaku foodles.

I just ate an apple. But I won't mention the variety because I don't enjoy being accused of being an insufferable plutocrat with too much apple money. Apples contain pectin, a polysaccharide starch with anti-inflammatory properties. Pectin also delays stomach emptying and has a hunger-reducing effect. All pome fruits, apples, pears, Asian pears, and quince, contain a good amount of pectin. Anybody who suffers from suddenly dropping blood sugar levels could stabilize his or her or their - HR reminds me to be inclusive - blood sugar levels by having an apple. The malic acid in apples will bleach your teeth. Don't name your child Apple. Just don't.

Another sloppy-looking lunch bowl. Ham, Boca crumbles, egg, and tomato on a bed of kale. EVOO was sued for everything. As long as my food looks a bit better than cat food I'm okay with it. 😼

I didn't sue the EVOO - I swear.

I had an apple-walnut fritter. Sliced apple and chopped walnuts mixed into a batter of egg, oat flour, and filk. Fried in butter until crispy and sprinkled with a touch of cinnamon. Nice with a cuppa. Hey, @Zee09, we civilized people have tea in the afternoon! 🤣 No picture because I didn't feel like it.

Last edited:
Another meager dinner. Sardines, spinach dip, crisp bread, beans with EVOO, ACV, and pepper. I also ate a piece of Swiss cheese with capers.

This is basically a non-sweet apple strudel filling. Apples, strained plain white yogurt, egg, inulin (functions as a sweetener), lemon juice, a little oat fiber as a binding agent, vanilla. I brushed the top with a little milk to encourage browning. Baked at 375°F for about half an hour.

I spent a few days out of town and on the road. Easing back into healthier fare with today's brunch. Boca crumbles with onions and bell peppers, French toast bites made with 1 egg, filk, a smidgen salt, and cinnamon, the rest of the egg fried, and a few sad strawberries that were left from before I went on my trip. Boca feat (fake meat) products are not super-healthy as they do contain a few questionable ingredients, among them GMO soy but they are still not as bad as many other convenient foods. Other questionable ingredients include corn oil, caramel color, MSG, and gluten for those with MSG and/or gluten intolerance. I often mix Boca Crumbles with ground meat. Way back in the '80s Boca burgers were pretty popular and at my house, we would eat them quite often. These days I have a Boca product maybe once every two weeks. I do not regard this type of food as a meat substitute but rather as its own thing.

Back