All food consumed in one day

You folks eat much better than myself. All I've eaten today are Reese's peanut butter cups.
I do what I can so I can keep doing the activities I enjoy doing until my luck runs out or entropy makes me finally crumble. The squirrels got my grandpa.

I'm having plain white yogurt mixed with lemon juice and inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic soluble fiber made from chicory and makes a mild sweetener. I put inulin also in my coffee. Should you want to incorporate inulin into your diet, it's best to increase the amount of inulin slowly. Inulin serves as fuel for the gut bacteria. It's really good stuff and good for you. Cheap, too. Get a sack at Amazon.

Foods high in inulin will promote good intestinal digestion: chicory, burdock, bananas, agave, dandelion

If you are not adapted to inulin it can cause a lot of gas and maybe even LOOSE STOOLS.

I had another almond flour pancake for breakfast. I made this one with almond flour, oat fiber, eggs, dried cranberries, and a pinch of Redmond salt. Dusted with cinnamon and topped with a tablespoon of maple syrup. A bunch of Fragraria on the side.

Dinner. Sautéed onions, some leftover Boca crumbles, chicken tenderloin chopped into pieces, cabbage, bell peppers, and Brussels sprouts. Mixed with wild rice and buckwheat that were cooked separately. Flavored with mirin, sake, spices, and a little Liquid Aminos. Tastes better than it looks.

Wild rice and buckwheat are among the grains that are considered moderately inflammatory. Other good choices are amaranth, quinoa,, brown rice, black rice, and barley. All grains are inflammatory to to a degree with whole grain unprocessed grains being the least inflammatory and refined white flour being the most inflammatory. Avoiding inflammation is paramount at any age.

Last edited:
Light lunch. An untoasted sandwich with sliced chicken breast and an egg on it, edges dipped into chopped chives. Tomatoes and half an avocado. Also a glass of vegetable juice with juice from one lemon added and a tablespoon of chia seed.

My lady asked for a sandwich. So I made sandwiches for lunch. Black Forest, ham, Swiss, avocado, mixed greens, eggs, tomatoes, chives. i put a slice of Swiss in a non-stick ceramic pan, placed a slice of bread on the cheese, and fried until the cheese becomes crunchy. Now I'll have to chase her up the mountain. I think she may be running away from me.

Half an onion, one trumpet mushroom, half a brick of tofu cut into pieces, and two eggs were today's breakfast. Everything was fried in a little EVOO and avocado oil.

I'm sure sardines aren't on most people's mind when thinking of breakfast. My time spent in the UK haunts me occasionally and I lust for breakfast fish. 🙃

Dardines on crips bread. Spines removed. Two fried eggs, one uncured frank, a tomato, and two figs.

My dinner is half an okonomiyaki or Japanese pancake with red cabbage, mushrooms, onions, ham, and eggs. With fried tofu and tomatoes. While preparing my meal I survived an assassination attempt by one of my cats but I spilled an excessive amount of aonori on my food.

This morning I had breakfast burrito with a salad at a breakfast at a burrito and sandwich shop. Extra goat cheese!

That was supposed to say: This morning I had a breakfast burrito with a salad at a burrito and sandwich shop. Extra goat cheese!

Unfortunately, Klaus, my obscure nemesis is in town and distracting me with all sorts of shenanigans. Mistakes happen! And on top of it, he got me hooked on caffeine-laced German chocolate. I got the caffeine sweats and am jittery.

For dinner, I made a fried chicken breast sandwich with mozzarella, greens, avocado, pico de gallo, and herbs (no anise).

A protein plate for lunch. Tofu, chicken, onions, hen of the woods shrooms, red cabbage, two eggs, and half an avo. I'm currently increasing my protein intake and workouts because I will in six weeks participate in an event put on by my employer and I intend to keep up with people 15 and maybe 20 years younger than me. So it's a bit more protein, some of it from soy because it's a complete protein and because it's not as hard on the kidneys as animal protein. I'm also having more carbs, usually before and after a workout because I want my glycogen stores full.

Having some type of cruciferous vegetable every day is almost mandatory in my opinion. Red cabbage contains anthocyanins, very effective antioxidants. It's the anthocyanins that give red cabbage and berries the red/purple/blue color. White cabbage has more vitamin A. When you eat any cruciferous (cabbage family) vegetable you are eating an anti-inflammatory food that also protects your DNA from unwanted mutations (cancer).

Things to look up if you are interested:
cruciferous vegetables antioxidative anticarcinogenic properties
glucoraphanin
myrosinase,
sulforaphane

And, by the way, nutritional advice does not constitute medical advice. It would also be a lie to claim that even ideal nutrition can undo the damage done by poor lifestyle choices over the course of years or decades. Proper nutrition and exercise, and there is leeway for what constitutes "proper" because everyone is somewhat different, are simply the best preventatives we have.

Slop for brunch. When I don't have much time I may use prepackaged frozen meals as the basis for what I am making.

I try to eat a large variety of foods every day. A few things are staples that I eat consistently. The basis for this dish was the frozen Daily Harvest meal shown below with some things added: onions, chicken, riced cauliflower, bell peppers. I used half of the packaged food, which clocked in with

10g protein
ca 16g fat
19g net carbs
490mg sodium

Add the chicken (45 g protein, g fat) , the egg (7 g protein, 5 g fat), and the other things I added, and the nutrition is pretty good for something that takes 7 minutes to throw together. High fiber content.

More slop for breakfast. Wild rice, riced cauliflower, spinach, cherry tomatoes, feat, chicken, one egg, and two slices of mozzarella.

Back