Acronyms used at BITOG.

What's TCB ... I see it used in some tribofilm stripping discussions. @dnewton3 ?

Last edited:
What's TCB ... I see it used in some tribofilm stripping discussions. @dnewton3 ?
KUNTCBT_800x.jpg

SN and SP are not acronyms ... they are API oil spec rating designations.

SAPS = Sulfated Ash, Phosphorus, and Sulfur

You’ve probably spent more on HPL than I’ve spent on maintenance and repairs
I’ve got less than you would expect, only been using HPL for right around 12 months now. I’ve got about $500 total with them across 3 vehicles, partly because I don’t have it shipped. And obviously, if I wanted to go back to $19-26 oil changes, I can at any time. I just don’t feel like getting under the truck 4 times per year 😉

I won’t tease you about your cost of maintenance and repairs, because with my luck you’d end up needing rod bearings by the end of the week 😂 ✌️

In case anyone cares, I have taken previous first version(s) of this acronym list compiled by Char Baby and wally6934, added all other acronyms I have seen on this thread, alpha sorted and de-duplicated, and corrected a few misspellings or definitions where I knew them and could find a reference source elsewhere on the web. Please private message me corrections/additions for this list via this forum and I'll keep it up to date the best that I can. I hope this helps others. If admins want to merge this work back into the original list, that's fine too.

BITOG Acronym List v2 (circa 2023)

Last edited:
^^^ Nice list.

More correct for JASO:
Japanese Automobile Standards Organization

Could add:
dP = delta pressure (pressure difference)

PSID = PSI delta (pressure difference in PSI)

One more I don't see in the list that's used alot:

TGMO = Toyota Genuine Motor Oil

Also, HTFS = High Tempurature Full Shear (maximum/full amount an oil can shear from motion)

Back