$60k Harley Davidson?!!

The first mistake a Harley owner makes: Buys a Harley in the first place ;)I

I'd rather buy several dirt bikes...then have them plated for the street....100x more fun!
I do own a 96 Sportster, and 3 bicycles, but I use to ride trail bikes and am in the mood for a 400 Kw or a small dual sport Honda,,,all are fun...................

Child like logic confirmed as well as resorting to personal jabs. Great job!

View attachment 152681
I gave my opinion and was not jabbing at anyone. You want to buy one, go for it, I don't care. I wasn't the one responding stating you had six year old logic. If you don't like what I say, it is very simple, don't respond. It's a very simple concept.....

Last edited:
I think everyone can agree HD are cool bikes for what they are. Just like Metamucil is a cool laxative for what it is. HD bikes just feel old and tired. After riding my HD I feel like turning on the tv and watching Matlock.

Seriously HD feels geriatric...I don't need to be reminded I'm old or getting older. Guess that's why dirtbikes and dual sports are fun...cause when I ride those I feel young and alive...instead of one foot in the grave. Different strokes for different folks...

How would you know you wouldn’t like it without trying it out? That’s some 6 year old child logic when they say the food is “yucky” without ever trying it.

I’m gonna get one eventually, used of course, since I noticed most Harley owners take really good care of their rides. If I don’t like it, I’ll toss it back into the market and probably not lose any money, cause like them or not, they are still popular.
I've ridden several, including one with the M8 engine. Every time I ride one it leaves me wondering why they're so popular. I guess I just don't get it...there isn't any measurable function my Gold Wing doesn't do better...

I think everyone can agree HD are cool bikes for what they are. Just like Metamucil is a cool laxative for what it is. HD bikes just feel old and tired. After riding my HD I feel like turning on the tv and watching Matlock.

Seriously HD feels geriatric...I don't need to be reminded I'm old or getting older. Guess that's why dirtbikes and dual sports are fun...cause when I ride those I feel young and alive...instead of one foot in the grave. Different strokes for different folks...
HDs don't just feel old, they all look like they were designed in the 1950s...

And to think I won't ride or own a Harley because it hate the stigma behind it 😂 I'm small minded I guess. Personally they don't look bad but seems like everyone I know has owned one or several - has as they don't anymore. My next one will be another Yamaha or Honda... KTM no idea.

In lifetime of Japanese and European bike I only owned one, a 93 dyna wide glide. It had the standard stage 2 kit at the time.

I did not enjoy the experience beyond riding to the bar and back.

I have a picture somewhere of me in a driveway at random house we stopped at to scrounge parts somewhere in Alaska with a folgers can of nuts and bolts dumped upside down trying to keep parts together.

I have ridden a few examples I liked bette than the one I had and a fully built sportster set up by flat track guys can be fun, they just dont deliver the sophistication of the other guys. I dont hate them in any way- far from it - they just arent the bikes I get from others.

if my 2015 Husky FE350, made road legal, got stolen or wrecked....I'd have to look hard at a off-road-only 2014-2016 Husky FE450 or FE501. Got the wider gear ratios...keeps the rpm below 6k for cruising back roads and dirt roads so all the important parts get proper oiling. They lack any EPA B.S. so they run right from day one. That said a new 2023 Yamaha WR250F looks awesome...plate it thru South Dakota...that said you would have to carry too many rpm when cruising IMHO...not sure how well that motor would hold up, but it is a Yamaha. Once you got it to the woods it would slay dragons :) Want a 250cc real bad...just can't justify it when my 350 runs perfectly. Plus I can always jump on my son's WR250R for slow trails...it's a hoot.

Harley released an adventure bike to take on BMW and Suzuki - the Pan America. It doesn’t look like a Harley. It doesn’t have the Milwaukee-Eight, but a “modern” 60-degree liquid cooled V-twin. It’s sold out.

Harley released an adventure bike to take on BMW and Suzuki - the Pan America. It doesn’t look like a Harley. It doesn’t have the Milwaukee-Eight, but a “modern” 60-degree liquid cooled V-twin. It’s sold out.

Hopefully they will use it as a sign, that is start using modernized stuff, especially the engine. Maybe leave their best selling models the way they are, but do more modern stuff.
For example, the Sportster could've been that opportunity. Instead of killing it, they should've modernized the engine to be more revy and water cooled. Keep it affordable and younger buyers would've been more likely to try it out. IMO

Let's be real, most all comments in here are from people who haven't been on a new Harley in like ever!
Unbelievable and child like, commenting on something they know nothing about, except maybe jealousy.
I would suggest if they are capable of handling a powerful state of the art cruiser to take a NEW Harley for a test drive. Either that or leave uninformed remarks to themselves. Right?

It's laughable all the uninformed negative comments from non riders of new Harley Cruisers. The most successful motorcycle company in the United States. Laughable to say the least, and most likely jealousy rules here.

Let's be real, most all comments in here are from people who haven't been on a new Harley in like ever!
Unbelievable and child like, commenting on something they know nothing about, except maybe jealousy.
I would suggest if they are capable of handling a powerful state of the art cruiser to take a NEW Harley for a test drive. Either that or leave uninformed remarks to themselves. Right?

It's laughable all the uninformed negative comments from non riders of new Harley Cruisers. The most successful motorcycle company in the United States. Laughable to say the least, and most likely jealousy rules here.
The models with the M8 aren't considered new? Like I said, I've ridden several HDs, including a newer model, and all were inferior to the Gold Wing...McDonalds is the most successful burger place too (based on burger sales). Does that mean they make the best burgers? Beleive me, Harleys are nothing to be jealous of...

On a side note,,the Indian motorcyle company is factory trucks at dealerships giving free rides on any bike you want to ride,,,my son took one of their baggers out and he was impressed,,they weigh about 900lbs

Hopefully they will use it as a sign, that is start using modernized stuff, especially the engine. Maybe leave their best selling models the way they are, but do more modern stuff.

The Milwaukee 8 is a step forward, truly though if you rode 2 heritages (pick a model) 20 years apart it is night and day, though they might look quite alike.

The "Sport" line uses the revolution engine though tuning is different from the Pan America.

For example, the Sportster could've been that opportunity. Instead of killing it, they should've modernized the engine to be more revy and water cooled. Keep it affordable and younger buyers would've been more likely to try it out. IMO

They tried that it was a flop. I don't even remember what it was called but there was a 500 and a 750 and it was shunned.

And apparently modernization coming to the new CVOS with a VVT M8 @120CID... Don't love the new fairings.

Here's your modernized Sportster.

Back