$60k Harley Davidson?!!

I completely agree. I've only ever heard about modern Harley's "poor build quality" online from people that likely haven't been around one in decades. Go to a dealer and check out a new Fat Boy and tell me the fit and finish isn't immaculate. Their paint is the best out of all major OEMs.
Fit and finish is one area where Harleys shine.

Yeah, no doubt that they are all sold. But who knows? maybe there is a deal someplace with a $20,000 mark up above the $50,000 or 60,000 price and it will still sell.

Im much in your camp. If I ever sold the Road King, to change things up I would consider a Concours 14 but one problem with that is my wife loves the comfort of the King AND tells me she wont get on the Concours because the back is too high up. I cant blame her as she loves to ride with me, we have a good marriage and I enjoy her company. She is fine if I got one but doesn't think she will keep riding.
In all fairness, I would feel insecure being a passenger on a bike period. Then to sit high up on the back, I wouldnt want to do it either.

Then I get on the Road King and Im still in awe every time. I can ride hours on end doing a GPS 85 MPH effortlessly on the interstate, two up and with luggage. The bike never breaks a sweat, planted and rock solid passing semi's.
My 2014 Road King makes me happy every time I get on it, about 19,500 miles on her, all stock but added the HD Street Cannon Mufflers. I don’t plan to to do anything to the engine other than just regular maintenance work. I’m just not fond of someone opening up my engine unnecessarily to add a little more horsepower, that’s just me, no criticism to those who do, my personality compulsions won’t permit me to do it. :)

Speaking of maintenacne, do you know if we have to check the cam chain tensioners at a certain interval?

Back