2022 Ford Maverick

There are already Maverick forums? There aren't even any on the road yet right?

People are excited....

1628191028478.jpg

Looks to be weight over rear wheels to help with traction . Shows battery and gas tank location at 3:17 in video . Not willing to order new vehicle without seeing it on a lot and taking for a test drive . Old fashioned .

Looks to be weight over rear wheels to help with traction . Shows battery and gas tank location at 3:17 in video . Not willing to order new vehicle without seeing it on a lot and taking for a test drive . Old fashioned .

They have 80,000 preorders to fill before stocking dealer lots. They'll probably send a test mule to the big dealers that can't be sold but used for people to test drive and see if they like the truck in person.

If you're able to get one at MSRP, you could probably flip it and make a little profit!

I'd *suspect* dealers don't want the Hybrid, nor does Ford, really. Loss leader?

All the profit (and the business case) is going to be in the 2.0. You're probably not upselling a Hybrid maverick buyer to a ranger or a F-150 (more $$$).

I'd *suspect* dealers don't want the Hybrid, nor does Ford, really. Loss leader?

All the profit (and the business case) is going to be in the 2.0. You're probably not upselling a Hybrid maverick buyer to a ranger or a F-150 (more $$$).

Sure they will want it. Any vehicle they sell they are still in the hunt for additional substantial profit in the form of extended warranties, financing deals and juicy buys on trade ins.

I've always had full size pickup trucks until the last one I bought, a 2017 GMC Canyon V6. I don't tow or haul anything now that it can't handle, just my zero turn on a utility trailer and a 15 foot boat, so the Canyon suits my needs just fine.. If I were in the market for a new small truck I would consider the Maverick hybrid because of the 40 mpg. However, the FWD is a deal killer for me as long as I have a boat because I would not attempt to pull a boat up a wet boat ramp with FWD. The AWD is not available in the hybrid so the mpg's aren't the same, not that much more than my V6 Canyon.

38 mpg at 70mph? dang, I can’t do that in my Camry… well, ever. Nice!

Most of the gas mileage reviews are with the tailgate up . Cover or tailgate at lower angle could help m.p.g. .

Last edited:
Tailgate up is better for fuel efficiency
I would hope by now the automakers would be designing so that the tailgate would be up for max mpg. But the proof is in the pudding: if anyone has a Maverick that they are willing to let me borrow for a month, I would be happy to put a couple thousand miles on to test with tailgate up/down to see which is best. :)

In all seriousness, I've often thought that if a tonno cover made a lick of difference for mpg the OEM's would include it already.

Back