2008 Accord Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion is not about Honda vs. Others. It is about whether Honda is the only vehicle that can make it to 150,000 with "minimal maintenance" hassles. The answer is no.

Quote:

It is about whether Honda is the only vehicle that can make it to 150,000 with "minimal maintenance" hassles. The answer is no.

Correct.
cheers.gif

I think it is kind of VeeDubb and buster to tell me what a discussion I started is really about. Helps to relieve my natural confusion. Thing is, we do a lot of miles in a year, and we have owned a number of cars over the past 30 years, and there is nothing cheaper to own than a Honda.
So, I will say again, I don't think you can buy anything that will give you the trouble free, repair free operation of a Honda out to 150K and beyond.
Obviously, this is my opinion, based upon my experience. However, were the cars not really that good, why would I continue buying them?
I have always liked Benzes, I loved my old Vanagon, and I have long admired BMWs, if not their owners. We are fortunate enough to be able to have a wide choice of models when we buy a car. We usually choose a Honda, saving money on the initial purchase, enjoying years of good fuel economy, and because I would rather drive than fix, particularly as the car ages.

Quote:

I think it is kind of VeeDubb and buster to tell me what a discussion I started is really about. Helps to relieve my natural confusion.

Glad I could help
smile.gif

[quote}

Obviously, this is my opinion, based upon my experience.

The single most important statement you've made.

Quote:

However, were the cars not really that good, why would I continue buying them?

Who said Hondas weren't good?

Manufacturers used to punish dealers by holding back replenishing dealer stock on hot cars they found a dealer selling over MSRP. Don't know if this still goes on or not.

Selling over MSRP can slow the sale of the cars, and that's the last thing a manufacturer wants.

Quote:

I love overpriced, tacky dealer add ons on a 25k car. At least GM has forced dealers to stop undercoating.

No they haven't. A long time multi-line GM dealer 20 miles south of me spends 5 minutes to undercoat the *wheelwells* and tacks on $95 to the price. And they do it to every new vehicle that sits on their lot.

I won't buy from them. I'd refuse to take delivery of anything that has that glop in the wheelwells... and then pay them for putting it there.

My favotire tacky accessory is the stainless steel exhaust tip for the Tundra, that Toyota charges $65 for.

Can you say "Overpriced rip off?" (the exhaust tip, not the truck).
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I've got the Chevy chrome exhaust tips on my car, they were a whopping $75 a pop. I wouldn't have paid that myself, but I got the dealer to put them on in exchange for not coming down another $150 off the price.

VeeDubb,
I'm sorry you couldn't recognize sarcasm withour "smilies".
Get that chip off your shoulder, since that's not why anyone is here.

Quote:

VeeDubb,
I'm sorry you couldn't recognize sarcasm withour "smilies".
Get that chip off your shoulder, since that's not why anyone is here.

Well, chief, I actually did catch your sarcasm which is why I threw a smiley your way in my last post. Maybe next time I'll throw two and flash a "beer" too.

Adding undercoat to a GM vehicle can actually trap moisture and void the corrosion warranty on the vehicle.

I was surprised by the specs of the Impala SS when I saw one on display at the local mall. 303 HPs and 18inch wheels. But apparently, it doesn't handle very well according to C&D. I'd still take a V6 Accord coupe over the Impala, and no I haven't driven them.
wink.gif

Throwing 303hp at an Impala is one more example of what GM does best....piling more icing on a stale cake. When you approach that hp threshold, you really need it to be directed to the rear wheels or take drastic steps to get the front wheels under control. Road & Track didn't speak very kindly of this car...excessive wheelspin and torque steer is why. I'd take a V6 Accord over a V8 Impala every time.

Quote:

There is no other car that I know of that will give you 150K+ with no more than very inexpensive maintenance.

Wow. The absolute worst car I ever owned was a Honda. Even the Volkswagon I had was a better car than the Honda, and the VW was a pretty junky car in my opinion.

To this day, Honda and Volkswagon are the only cars I would never, under any circumstance, consider owning. It makes me mad just for the kids to park their Accord in my driveway.

Anyway, glad you like them!

Win, let us know when/if any of your cars hit 150k and supply some pics too.

Last time I checked, American-made cars captured .01% of the Global export market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back