2007 Accord 2.4L - Valvetrain Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: zeng
KrisZ said:
- I though, and it's been confirmed through my experience, that overheated metals, especially the hardened ones, would turn blue-ish when overheated?

Absolutely agree with you , KrisZ .
thumbsup2.gif

Quote:
The 6 cam-lobes has very clear and wide rubbing marks around the lobes that had

overheated to a very high local temperatures as witnessed by gold yellowish stains then

progressively to light blue burning marks , further overheated to dark blue/grey dark

colored marks
Would a thicker oil have prevented this?

Prevented what? A non issue?

To mitigate the issues , besides individual driving styles and shorter OCI's , I would consider

higher HTHSv oils , which could be generally thicker.

Edit: Oops , didn't read a saying that, overheating being a non-issue.

Well to each his own.
coffee2.gif

Last edited:

To mitigate the issues , besides individual driving styles and shorter OCI's , I would consider

higher HTHSv oils , which could be generally thicker.

Edit: Oops , didn't read a saying that, overheating being a non-issue.

Well to each his own.
coffee2.gif

You're making an awful lot of assumptions- the wear patterns you're seeing are in fact, normal and not a result of overheating (local or otherwise). As was stated before, the member who is doing the work is a very sharp eyed individual and would have certainly taken note of any issues- especially since he was making adjustments to the valve lash.

May I ask- What basis do you have for making these assertions?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3851944/294k_KM_on_2006_TDI_(BEW)..._s#Post3851944

Have a peep at photos 5 & 6 , does it look good to you ?

Last edited:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...._s#Post3851944

Have a peep at photos 5 & 6 , does it look good to you ?

Totally different wear pattern. Notice that it is localized to the tip of the lobe. They do not look good, but it's not the same case as in this thread. Also, the pictures are nice closeups and better quality focusing on the actual lobes.

Again, you're making a lot of "the sky is falling" assumptions based on one, low quality picture with bad lighting and no close up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back