WM Synthetic Oil Prices

I haven't seen any rebates or promotions in a long time, for Mobil 1 or any other name brand.
Rebates may be a thing of the past, at least until the crazy inflation starts to chill out.
I've seen a couple and the rebate has dropped from the standard of $10 to $5.

My stash of Valvoline Advanced and EP I bought at WM for $24 - $26 per jug - then a couple of weeks later it suddenly shot up to $32 per jug . When I went shopping for my family Corrola ()W20) I saw WM had M1 0W20 EP for everyday price of $26 as well as Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 . Both SP versions are highly rated and I still consider Quaker State Full Synthetic a best value synthetic at $21 per jug ... Time will tell if Valvoline gets it's pricing in line to be competitive with SOPUS and Mobil 1 offerings ?

My stash of Valvoline Advanced and EP I bought at WM for $24 - $26 per jug - then a couple of weeks later it suddenly shot up to $32 per jug . When I went shopping for my family Corrola ()W20) I saw WM had M1 0W20 EP for everyday price of $26 as well as Pennzoil Platinum 0W20 . Both SP versions are highly rated and I still consider Quaker State Full Synthetic a best value synthetic at $21 per jug ... Time will tell if Valvoline gets it's pricing in line to be competitive with SOPUS and Mobil 1 offerings ?
Completely acknowledge the issue here. For the Honda's I'm servicing, I have "thought myself" to the point where I will not go beyond, say $26-27 for 0 W 20 oil, Dexos 1, in 5 quart containers. So after many years of commitment to Mobil 1, I have been purchasing Castrol GTX Full Syn and recently filled one car with QSFS. Note that Castrol GTX Full Syn is not easy to get at this price. I am moving to the point where I will not differentiate among Castrol, QS, Valvoline, Pennzoil and Mobil products. Next time I see QSFS around $21, I am grabbing with both fists.

Maybe will apply the same logic to Wix filters next. That should strike fear in their hearts.

So just looked it up, and Valvoline has a price drop. So either they got the message, or maybe the new owners wanted to set a high price impression and then make you think its a deal at $27 bucks. Also note that in the past I have found things online with a price drop, where in store still at the old price, so if buying in person be careful.

View attachment 130048
*Now $29.97 at WM making M1 synthetic oils one of the most expensive synthetic oils at WM ... Castrol , Valvoline and Pennzoil are all $2 to $4 per jug less expensive than M1 oils now .

I am not going to let a cost difference - equal to the price of one gallon of gasoline -
sway my oil choice. I perform 2x OCI a year on MY car.

. These cost variations are completely irrelevant.

If I want Valvoline Advanced, thinking its is a superior product - then that's what I am buying. It's Cheap enough.

Now if I was running a business and buy and use the product in bulk the cost can be a factor.
Especially If I am using a $39.95 Oil Change Special as a lure to get a car on a lift - or over a pit - primed for service up- sells.

I do 8 - 10 per year across 3 cars. At my short OCI any of the main brands are likely fine - except my Nissan's don't seem to like Castrol Edge, so when something is cheap or on rebate I buy a bunch.

QSFS is still $23 bucks.

Valvoline rebate $5 bucks
Walmart has Advance on sale for $26 bucks a jug, so $21 dollar is a pretty good deal

Attachments

• FFC6975A-8A7E-455B-9EAA-99FCFD4DD6A1.jpeg
    FFC6975A-8A7E-455B-9EAA-99FCFD4DD6A1.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 10
Back