..prices up again at WM ...10-3-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
M1 is 26$....pennzoil platinum 23...QS syn 21...mobil clean 5000 $11...you can buy 2 5 gallon jugs of castrol hi mileage for 26$..or penzoil HM for 12$...i have never seen WM raise their oil prices like this...20% across the board this year

Now that gas prices are coming down, motor oil is going up!!!!

They get there money one way or another!!!

Originally Posted By: chet2
...you can buy 2 5 gallon jugs of castrol hi mileage for 26$..

10 gallons for $26 seems pretty cheap to me...
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
these prices must be really hurting the 3k oci DIYers !!!

I go by Iffy Lube & Valvoline oil change quite a bit.

The Iffy Lube guys (4 of them...!) are usually empty & out swinging signs on the corner trying to bring business in!!
LOL.gif
crazy2.gif

you can buy 2 5 gallon jugs of castrol hi mileage for 26$

It's 2 5 quart jugs of High Mileage for $36. The regular GTX is 2 for $26.

I just got back and was going to post what I saw... Mostly this is the same, I wrote down the price of every 5qt and gallon:

ST - 9
ST HM - 13
ST Syn. - 17.5
M1 - 26
M1 EP - 28.5
PP - 23
YB - 12
Pennz. HM - 15
Max Life - 13
QS - 12
QS HM - 15
SYNTEC - 25.5
RT - 11.77
DEL0 - 11.77
Delvac 1300 - 11.77

Shoulda bought that PP @ 19 last week. This Sux.

Last edited:

I agree. You'd think the cost issue would lead them to research their 3K habit online, then run into this place!

You buggers are freaking me out. I just went and grabbed two 5L jugs of M1 TDT 5w40. The store only had two jugs left. It's still $42.00 right now.... Same price as when I did the oil change on the Townie 2,000Km ago........

This leaves me with 10 Donaldson SYNTEQ filters and 15L of M1 TDT CI-4 at the house now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thing I'm still sitting on .99 cent qts of Exxon Superflo and 9.99 gallons of Synpower. Not to mention those .01 cent gallons of store brand oil I was lucky to find last year.

yeah that was a good deal, 2 jugs for 26...individually castrol hm was 18 though

chevro i had them scan the 2 jug box of castrol HM, it was $26...this is in NH...a good deal...one of the few now

chevro i had them scan the 2 jug box of castrol HM, it was $26...this is in NH...a good deal...one of the few now

It's odd all the pricing inconsistency at Walmart these days. I thought they used some sort of central computer for that?

$26 for the HM is $5 cheaper per jug for you than it is for me, which is pretty darned significant IMO. Buy, buy, buy!

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

I go by Iffy Lube & Valvoline oil change quite a bit.

The Iffy Lube guys (4 of them...!) are usually empty & out swinging signs on the corner trying to bring business in!!
LOL.gif
crazy2.gif

Yeah and once they have your car they seem to find lots of fluids (and other work) that's needed.
frown.gif

Imho they ought to put JL out of business!

According to the trade press, Lubes and Greases, it will continue to go up until about February because the suppliers of base oil don't believe the downward trend of oil will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back