WM Available 10W30 Synthetic Oils ?

I like a 10/30 oil myself. If it is a SP oil it should be just as good as any SP rated 5/30 . For 5k mile changes
I would use any one of these, Havoline Pro , QSUD or regular SuperTech FS. What oil filter you are running?

It seems like you create new threads about this same topic once every two weeks. I thought you were settled on 5W-30 FS Dexos1G2?

If you’re considering 10W-30 why stop there? Might as well consider 5W-40 and 10W-40.
*Always looking for better for a given application / situation ... It occurred to me from April ~ Oct. in the oppressive heat and humidity of Georgia - why should I care about running a 5 weight oil ? I just would want to know that the 10W synthetic oils are very close in quality to the 5W siblings is all (minus the VII's and the higher NOACK of the 5 weight oils) ... I wouldn't remember what you wrote about last month , last week or even yesterday . Yes , we all could put on a blind fold , spin on one foot in the WM oil aisle and walk to the cash register with what ever oil we touched first after we stopped - and there would be a 85% chance we could run it in what ever vehicle we own ... Where's the fun in that ? Its no worse than reading : "What oil do you recommend for my new ___ "? ... I't just a discussion is all - this ain't: "First Responder Weekly" - it's juts an oil forum .

*Always looking for better for a given application / situation ... It occurred to me from April ~ Oct. in the oppressive heat and humidity of Georgia - why should I care about running a 5 weight oil ? I just would want to know that the 10W synthetic oils are very close in quality to the 5W siblings is all (minus the VII's and the higher NOACK of the 5 weight oils) ...
Unless you're buying botiques where no costs are spared there's no guarantee that 10W30 has a lower NOACK or less VIIs than a 5W30 of the same product line , like Mobil1 EP 5W30 has a good slug of PAO whereas the 10W30 doesn't seem to, same thing is noted with 0w20 compared to the 5w20, since the oil you find on the shelf is mostly made to meet a level of performance while protecting profit margins it's likely that the 0w and 5w products use better quality base oils than their 10W counterparts and that a 10W30 is not necessarily any better than a 5W30 even in hotter ambient.

Unless you're buying botiques where no costs are spared there's no guarantee that 10W30 has a lower NOACK or less VIIs than a 5W30 of the same product line , like Mobil1 EP 5W30 has a good slug of PAO whereas the 10W30 doesn't seem to, same thing is noted with 0w20 compared to the 5w20, since the oil you find on the shelf is mostly made to meet a level of performance while protecting profit margins it's likely that the 0w and 5w products use better quality base oils than their 10W counterparts and that a 10W30 is not necessarily any better than a 5W30 even in hotter ambient.
Good comments...

My 2013 Hyun/Kia 2.4 GDI typically gets filled with the cheapest 10W-30 I get on clearance. I only run 5W-20 in December-February

Back