WM Available 10W30 Synthetic Oils ?

Strongly considering to run 10W30 synthetic in my May - Oct. oil fill in Hyundai 2.4l GDI (Sonata) : WM has M1 10W30 vanilla and EP available along with Quaker State 10W30 Synthetic , Super Tech 10W30 synthetic and Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 is available (WM online) ... *There also plenty of 10W30 synthetic High Mileage oils available at WM ( which I don't need) . All are now SP / GF6A rated , all would have low NOACK , low SA and low VII's important for GDI engines not forming intake valve deposits . *Not sure how much better the 5W30 D1 / Gen 2 SP / GF6A rated oils are than their above listed 10W30 synthetic variety oils - but you would have to think they would be pretty close in quality ? Lastly , for the warm weather 6 month / 5,000 mile OCI - I am leaning towards using the M1 10W30 EP ($24) and for $18 the Quaker State 10W30 Synthetic is tempting . The Super Tech 10W30 synthetic is only $15 for a 5 qrt. jug but not sure it's key specs. for a warm weather 6 month / 5,000 mile OCI in a GDI engine would be as good as M1 10W30 EP or the Quaker State 10W30 synthetic ... What would be your choice to run ?

P.S. If WM offered Valvoline 10W30 Advance Synthetic SP / GF6A synthetic oil in a 5 qrt. jug - then I would jump on that ! ... Unfortunately WM only offers Valvoline Advance 10W30 in the High Mileage version .

It seems like you create new threads about this same topic once every two weeks. I thought you were settled on 5W-30 FS Dexos1G2?

If you’re considering 10W-30 why stop there? Might as well consider 5W-40 and 10W-40.

It seems like you create new threads about this same topic once every two weeks. I thought you were settled on 5W-30 FS Dexos1G2?

If you’re considering 10W-30 why stop there? Might as well consider 5W-40 and 10W-40.
I’m shaking my head wondering why you would use 10w30 anyways; as I don’t see many at all that spec a 10w30.

If you had a severe leaker or oil burner maybe.

Strongly considering to run 10W30 synthetic in my May - Oct. oil fill in Hyundai 2.4l GDI (Sonata) : WM has M1 10W30 vanilla and EP available along with Quaker State 10W30 Synthetic , Super Tech 10W30 synthetic and Pennzoil Platinum 10W30 is available (WM online) ... *There also plenty of 10W30 synthetic High Mileage oils available at WM ( which I don't need) . All are now SP / GF6A rated , all would have low NOACK , low SA and low VII's important for GDI engines not forming intake valve deposits . *Not sure how much better the 5W30 D1 / Gen 2 SP / GF6A rated oils are than their above listed 10W30 synthetic variety oils - but you would have to think they would be pretty close in quality ? Lastly , for the warm weather 6 month / 5,000 mile OCI - I am leaning towards using the M1 10W30 EP ($24) and for $18 the Quaker State 10W30 Synthetic is tempting . The Super Tech 10W30 synthetic is only $15 for a 5 qrt. jug but not sure it's key specs. for a warm weather 6 month / 5,000 mile OCI in a GDI engine would be as good as M1 10W30 EP or the Quaker State 10W30 synthetic ... What would be your choice to run ?

P.S. If WM offered Valvoline 10W30 Advance Synthetic SP / GF6A synthetic oil in a 5 qrt. jug - then I would jump on that ! ... Unfortunately WM only offers Valvoline Advance 10W30 in the High Mileage version .
See if you can search on Walmart.com through all you fave oils and see if they cane be shipped free to your nearest store.

Have you considered Havoline ProDS 10w-30 @ Walmart? It is often on sale for < $3/qt in the 6qt box. It's my top pick for readily available synthetic oil @ Walmart, I'd have to say QSUD is a very close second. Both are an excellent value and great oil.
Nailed it...

I’m shaking my head wondering why you would use 10w30 anyways; as I don’t see many at all that spec a 10w30.
I used to be of the mindset that 10w-30 had less VI and other additives whose inclusion may not be helpful in warm climates, summer, where a 5w rating is not needed. Perhaps OP is using this logic?

I've come to realize that 5w-30 base oils are often superior to that of 10w-30, and that by choosing the latter you may be getting an inferior oil. I now treat them both the same-- if I'm choosing an oil for summer months and there's a bargain on 10w-30, I have no issues with it. But all else equal, I'll pick the 5w-30, because studying UOA and manufacturer PDS long enough on this forum, I believe 5w-30 is the better oil.

If your stuck on 10W30 full synthetic I would check your local WM stores ASAP !!

Cause this...................... :cool: (y)

1618088720945.jpg

1618088686022.jpg

If your stuck on 10W30 full synthetic I would check your local WM stores ASAP !!

Cause this...................... :cool: (y)

View attachment 53575

View attachment 53574
Was all sold out here before it made it to $5 a jug, Walmart and Meijer afterwards are probably the largest retailers of motor oil around here, honestly I'm not sure the auto parts stores sell much of it around these parts given the number of pretty old oil jugs I've seen in stores around here, people around here are likely to think 25% off is a decent deal and take it because these stores push a good volume of oil..

Was all sold out here before it made it to $5 a jug, Walmart and Meijer afterwards are probably the largest retailers of motor oil around here, honestly I'm not sure the auto parts stores sell much of it around these parts given the number of pretty old oil jugs I've seen in stores around here, people around here are likely to think 25% off is a decent deal and take it because these stores push a good volume of oil..

More like Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, Autozone, O'reillys, Advance Auto parts are the major BIG chain retail oil sellers in the country !!

Meijer's isn't nationwide......I wish it was down here in Texas :confused:

On the M1 10W30 some stores were hiding clearance oil in the backroom (behind the batteries in automotive area) and some had them marked old outdated clearance price. The things you see and learn while hunting clearance oil at Walmart 😳 😳

Dave

Back