Wiper Blades

Interesting that you mention this because I replaced my OEM Denso blades on the Mazda to Bosch. I can’t remember the model line (Focus?) but they worked fine for several months then suddenly I am getting that same residue and chatter on the windshield. Copious amounts of windshield washer fluid helps but I am going back to the OEM here soon.

ya I'm glad I did.. I found it odd that all of a sudden the Bosch blades were bad even when cleaning the windshield thoroughly with Bon-Ami! I was thinking of going back to OEM too that was going to be my next step if the Trico didn't work.. but they're working well right now, so we'll see how long they last!

thanks for your input, glad to know it's not just me with the Bosch blades!

I was able to test my new wiper blades today. They work great. It's like there are no blades even wiping the windshield because they're so quiet. No more chattering wipers, no more streaks, and as quiet as a church mouse.
;) (y)

awesome to hear! thanks for the update. 😁👍

Sounds exactly like the experience I've been having with my Trico view (conventional blade).. It's almost as if the rubber is "cushioned" on the glass as it wipes (very smooth) compared to the other blade I've had which seem to scrape the glass instead..

BlueOvalFitter
That’s good news. I’m glad you are satisfied with the Trico wipers. Your original post got me thinking about my wipers. I had bought some Motorcraft about six months back. They had begun to streak. I got to looking around and found that NAPA was having a sale on their Exact Fit blades. They are actually Trico Exact Fit in NAPA packaging. I bought a pair and installed them. Big improvement! I went back and bought another pair.

BlueOvalFitter
That’s good news. I’m glad you are satisfied with the Trico wipers. Your original post got me thinking about my wipers. I had bought some Motorcraft about six months back. They had begun to streak. I got to looking around and found that NAPA was having a sale on their Exact Fit blades. They are actually Trico Exact Fit in NAPA packaging. I bought a pair and installed them. Big improvement! I went back and bought another pair.
I bought my Trico blades from a very reputable vendor on FLEABAY. I have bought parts from him in the past. I went back to see if he had more blades and his price has gone up $1.75 since I had bought mine.

My 07 F-150 calls for 20" blades. I installed 22" for more of a wipe area.
Also, check out the TRICO FORCE blades I purchased off of FLEABAY. I read up on them, plus a lot of members here recommended them as well.
I just talked to my postmaster about my delivery. He said Shreveport, La. (that's where they are currently) is really backed up. He said there are a lot of workers not showing up, that and it's the Christmas season. He said to be patient, they will be here soon enough.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Loozyana."

I was able to test my new wiper blades today. They work great. It's like there are no blades even wiping the windshield because they're so quiet. No more chattering wipers, no more streaks, and as quiet as a church mouse.
;) (y)
Been a big fan of the NeoForm for a long time so I thought I'd try the Force and they are exactly as you say. The only thing I don't like about my Lucerne is two different sizes, one 21" and one 24" makes it hard to buy in pairs to get deals.

I gotta say that when it comes to blades, for whatever reason, OEM seems to know best. I've tried Rain-X on the Canyon, and Anco on the Focus, and hated them both. Went back to Delco & Motorcraft on both. Noticed this morning, the first rain since I returned to Motorcraft on the Focus, how completely silent they are. No flopping, skipping or streaking. Don't know who's making GM & Ford blades, but they know what they're doing.

I need to replace my wiper blades. I usually buy the El Cheapos from WM but decided to step it up this time. My (2) choices to pick from are;
1) BOSCH Clear Advantage
2) TRICO Force
Please, I don't want to hear "You should buy BRAND X or BRAND XY." I want opinions on JUST these (2) selections.
Thank You. :)
Clear Advantage Wiper Blades | Bosch Auto Parts
TRICO® Force Wiper Blades | For Maximum Windshield Contact (tricoproducts.com)

I can't help it, I have to give another option. I'm anal about wiper blades because my life has always been in snow and rain. I've often gone OEM (if price isn't outrageous) or the spendy aftermarket type on sale. Anyway, I replaced a Subaru with the cheap Aero ones on Amazon, and they've been awesome in the rain so far. Had them for about 9 months so far, no streaking (as long as I've wiped the crud off them), etc.

But yeah, of choosing from those two, I've done Bosch & Trick blades in the past at times and they're fine. Whatever is on sale.

4 OEM refills for 30$ in the door. Figured out best process for R+R on 3rd one. OEM blades were $29.95 each. Original blades were getting iffy going on 5 yrs old. If I can get OEM consumables for the Camrys, I'm breaking with past and using OEM.

This morning I ordered a pair of Trico Exact-Fit hybrid blades from RockAuto. Even with the shipping, the pair cost about a third what a set of OEM from the dealer would, and about half what they would be from NAPA.

Back