Wiper Blades

I just ordered 2 AC/Delco 22 inch OEM blades from Amazon for $13.54, free 2 day shipping with prime. Probably off shore sourced but we’ll see how they work out.

I'm convinced OEM wiper blades are the only blades worth anything. I know you didn't want to read that but I feel so passionate about it I just couldn't resist! I've been through about 5 different brands in the past couple years and they're all crap. $5 - $25. Crap. $5 crap. $25 crap. In between crap. Crap.

I’m a Trico Force fan. They work quietly and streak free for a full year on all my vehicles here in Michigan. I replace them late fall every year even though they still functioning perfectly. Just want fresh ones for the winter. I usually find a bogo half off at Meijer.

Napa has their Proformer beam blades on sale for $9.99 each, normally $20. I have had good luck with them and recommend giving them a try. They are sourced from Old World Industries but made by Valeo.

Just saw you ordered the Trico Force for a good price. Good deal. Be sure to follow up and tell how they are performing.

Napa has their Proformer beam blades on sale for $9.99 each, normally $20. I have had good luck with them and recommend giving them a try. They are sourced from Old World Industries but made by Valeo.

Just saw you ordered the Trico Force for a good price. Good deal. Be sure to follow up and tell how they are performing.
I ordered them from a parts supplier on FLEABAY that l have ordered parts from before. Their reputation score is a 99.9 so l would say they're good to GEAUX. ;)
I will definitely give a review on them as well. (y)

I have mentioned that I am a fan of beam style wiper blades. And I may even agree with others who say that the "middle of the road blades" work just fine. However, those who live in warmer climates have this view(no pun) of les$$ expensive blades. But here in the north east between late October & early May, I need something better to handle the fridged temps, ice & snow. Cheapie or mid pack blades just don't stay playable enough during those months(most days). Even opening day baseball season can indeed be friged. We've even had snowfall in May.

Last edited:
I'm convinced OEM wiper blades are the only blades worth anything. I know you didn't want to read that but I feel so passionate about it I just couldn't resist! I've been through about 5 different brands in the past couple years and they're all crap. $5 - $25. Crap. $5 crap. $25 crap. In between crap. Crap.
The blades that were on my '16 Buick when I bought it in August of '19 are still going strong. I need to see what brand they are. Possibly OEM, and if so it might be a good idea for me to use them again.

Claying the windshield is another great idea.

The blades that were on my '16 Buick when I bought it in August of '19 are still going strong. I need to see what brand they are. Possibly OEM, and if so it might be a good idea for me to use them again.

Claying the windshield is another great idea.
Speaking of OEM products, my 07 F-150 still has the factory headlight bulbs in it! That's amazing for a truck going on 14 years old. When 1, or both go out, I'm putting factory bulbs back in it.

I put Trico neoform wiper blades on the Malibu because they had good reviews. Who were those people!! After a month they got so bad not sure I will buy any Trico wiper blades again. Noisy. Sticking to the window and studdering at highway speeds. Squealing. Just horrible. I put some Rain-X wiper blades on 6 months ago with no problems so far. Maybe it just depends on the car

I refill the OEM frames with generic silicone inserts I buy on eBay from overseas. The ones I'm using on my Mazda3 right now have been working well for over five years.

I refill the OEM frames with generic silicone inserts I buy on eBay from overseas. The ones I'm using on my Mazda3 right now have been working well for over five years.
I tried some of those overseas wipers from FLEABAY. They lasted a whole month to 6 weeks before they started chattering.
Nope, no way, NOMO! (n)

The OEM wipers on my 2019 Infiniti QX60 are excellent - still ! two years old from factory, with 55,000km and still wipe without noise or streaks.
Mitsuba is the brand, and I have not found a retail source for same. Don't need wiper now, but when these do need replacement, I want Mitsuba if possible.

I tried some of those overseas wipers from FLEABAY. They lasted a whole month to 6 weeks before they started chattering.
Nope, no way, NOMO! (n)
The ones I've gotten from Malaysia have been excellent. There are an awful lot of choices so it appears that you got some bad ones. I used to order PIAA Super Graphite inserts for my last car, but they were discontinued some time ago.

I have learned that Ford OEM replacement blades carry a different part number than the Motorcraft blades. I regularly get over a year out of the OE part number blades and the Motorcrafts are usually chirping bad enough that I replace them around 6 months.

I know you asked about 2 specific blades and if those are working for you there is no need to try to reinvent the wheel. Just sharing an experience I felt was somewhat related.

Back