Cheap windshield wipers

The new wipers I got on Amazon do not move smoothly across the windshield even in heavy rain. The bottom of the wiper blade kind of jumps a little rather than moving smoothly.

The only remedy I can see is to replace with name brand wipers.

I see Trico Titan for $15 off a pair at NAPA.

I'm not sure if you're talking about the truck or the Subaru, but I've found Motorcraft wipers (metal frame, not the single beam type) to work quite well on my personal and work vehicles.

I buy wipers at a tire shop for about the same price as I can buy them elsewhere and they install them. Work like they should and last as long as any.

That's one thing I won't miss about the Subaru. Didn't matter if I bought wipers from the dealer, expensive ones or cheap ones - they were terrible and would only last 6 months before ripping

Gave up on the Trico Neoforms on my car. They simply didn't last relative to the price.

Replaced them with Duralast Flex blades from Autozone and they have been better than expected. The set was less expensive than anything Walmart offered that fit my car.

I almost picked up a really cheap set of Simoniz Core Flex beam blades at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. had them in my hand and was on my way to the checkout, but changed my mind and put them back. There has to be a reason they are so cheap and I didn't want to waste money and find out the hard way.

I like Rain-X beam wipers which are cheap enough. Many windshields will get water spots or other dirt you can';t even see. I used to like Rain-X liquid, but it will rot rubber, etc. I cleaned with Amway glass and metal, then, put some wax detailer like Turtle Ice, and barely need wipers. definitely will stop chatter.

Advance auto was just closing out Trico Neoforms for about $4.50 a piece. These are usually $15-20. I have had great luck with Trico in the past.

This is a small point not intended to redirect this thread.
BigCahuna mentioned "a Rain-X product" above. I just want to relate my experiences.

1) The "original" Rain-X in the yellow bottle is a thin, water clear liquid which takes 45 minutes to apply correctly.
It could take someone an hour if they need to stop to rest their arm.
The stuff works fantastically well.

2) People I know (and do not trust to do anything industrious at all) claimed that Rain-X "gummed up" their wipers. I have no idea how.
The remaining coating (a silicone compound?) is imperceptible.

Back