Wiper Blades

After your posts here, I was looking for those, but didn't see them on RockAuto. Maybe I missed 'em.

They won't be here for about 9-10 days. When they do, I'll clean and clay the glass before I mount them.
I ordered them from an auto parts vendor on EBAY that I have bought parts from in the past. His rating is 100%.

When you install them, remember to remove the protective covers. The brand new driver side blade I installed a month ago was working badly, streaking like an old wiper. Thought it was just contaminants on the windshield so left it alone. Then yesterday I see an inch or two sticking out past the end of the blade retainer, like if the blade came loose. Turns out it was the cover that I had left on. Pulled it all the way off and works great now. Senior moment for a not yet a senior.

When you install them, remember to remove the protective covers. The brand new driver side blade I installed a month ago was working badly, streaking like an old wiper. Thought it was just contaminants on the windshield so left it alone. Then yesterday I see an inch or two sticking out past the end of the blade retainer, like if the blade came loose. Turns out it was the cover that I had left on. Pulled it all the way off and works great now. Senior moment for a not yet a senior.
That's almost equivalent to leaving the oil filter gasket on the engine after removing the filter, just not as messy. ;)

Trico got smart with that and made the covers white, a big contrast to the black wiper arm and rubber, and printed (in English and in French) "REMOVE."

I just installed my new Trico Exact Fit blades. As usual with these things (because there are different models and different mountings), I'm lost until I look it up online. The 18" blade had a little "OPEN" legend on it, and I could not see how to open it until I unsnapped the little housing and saw the "OPEN" hatch was indeed that, a hatch. I used a mini-screwdriver and got it open, did the same thing on the old wiper, clicked it on, and Robert was your mother's brother.

The 26" blade did not have the same kind of assembly. A moment's study showed me that the big wiper just snapped out, and the new one went right in. I tested the wipers on the newly cleaned and clayed glass. Smooth and silent.

Is that your experience too, that the different-sized arms have different mountings?

WOO HOO!
My wiper blades will be here Monday, coming by USPS. I know everyone has seen wiper blades before, but being these are TRICO FORCE blades, I must take pics of them. 🙃
I am replacing mine in the next day or so as I picked up some of those earlier today. The Trico Force pair that's currently on the car have seen a ton of use and lasted a solid 2.5 yrs. Just noticed one has a tear about 1.5" long, so will swap both front and the rear as well. They aren't cheap by any means, but to get great service from them for that long I just can't complain. Was quite impressed with them when I was delivering some items back around Thanksgiving when a tropical depression came through our area. That insane wind/driving rain didn't phase those wiper blades and I was rolling down the interstate when tractor/trailers were struggling to hit 50 mph.

I just installed my new Trico Exact Fit blades. As usual with these things (because there are different models and different mountings), I'm lost until I look it up online. The 18" blade had a little "OPEN" legend on it, and I could not see how to open it until I unsnapped the little housing and saw the "OPEN" hatch was indeed that, a hatch. I used a mini-screwdriver and got it open, did the same thing on the old wiper, clicked it on, and Robert was your mother's brother.

The 26" blade did not have the same kind of assembly. A moment's study showed me that the big wiper just snapped out, and the new one went right in. I tested the wipers on the newly cleaned and clayed glass. Smooth and silent.

Is that your experience too, that the different-sized arms have different mountings?
I've never had a vehicle regardless of wiper length have different types of mountings from one side to the next.

Do both your wiper arms look the same?

I've never had a vehicle regardless of wiper length have different types of mountings from one side to the next.

Do both your wiper arms look the same?
I think so. Both are the same length, I think -- it's the blades that are different lengths -- and both have a hook. I'll look the car over at lunchtime.

I just got a set of $4 blades from Walmart for my old Dodge Ram truck. Usually I run PIAA super silicone, but I don’t need them because usually if I’m running the truck, it’s because I’m hauling stuff, and if I’m doing that, it’s a nice day.

For $4.47, they wipe well, and adapt MUCH better to the curvature on the windshield edge, compared to the old ones of who knows what brand that were on there. They didn’t latch on as well, seems more of a friction fit than a positive latch. But good enough for me.

If both arms have hooks then I'd say you have mismatched blades if the adapters are different, just never seen that before.
I looked carefully at the blades. The passenger blade, the 18", has that little OPEN hatch where the arm hooks on. The 26" does not. Both fit and operate perfectly, and I ordered them at the same time from RockAuto, the Trico hybrid "Exact Fit -- Factory Replacement" units. And aside from the mounting bits, both look exactly alike.

One of my co-workers, who works on his own cars, says that on recent models he's seen, the passenger and driver's side blades can mount differently if they are different sizes.

Just after I made my last reply here, guess what shows up?
View attachment 37655
I bought these TRICO FORCE blades back in December 2020. Today, August 12, 2022, the passenger side blade made a few chattering noises. I used the washer spray later this evening with no chatter. Probably just dirt on the windshield from the lawn crew cutting the grass.
I have to say, these are the BEST wiper blades I have ever used/bought on/for a vehicle. They still wipe like they were installed yesterday.
Dec. 2020-Aug. 2022-Almost 2 years old and they're still wiping like new.

I bought these TRICO FORCE blades back in December 2020. Today, August 12, 2022, the passenger side blade made a few chattering noises. I used the washer spray later this evening with no chatter. Probably just dirt on the windshield from the lawn crew cutting the grass.
I have to say, these are the BEST wiper blades I have ever used/bought on/for a vehicle. They still wipe like they were installed yesterday.
Dec. 2020-Aug. 2022-Almost 2 years old and they're still wiping like new.
I just replaced some two year old Force on my Buick with another set. What I need to do that I haven't done in a couple years is clay bar my windshield.

The Neoform on my Sierra are over two years of and are just starting to make some noise. I can live with a little noise as long as they are wiping good with no streaks.

I am replacing mine in the next day or so as I picked up some of those earlier today. The Trico Force pair that's currently on the car have seen a ton of use and lasted a solid 2.5 yrs. Just noticed one has a tear about 1.5" long, so will swap both front and the rear as well. They aren't cheap by any means, but to get great service from them for that long I just can't complain. Was quite impressed with them when I was delivering some items back around Thanksgiving when a tropical depression came through our area. That insane wind/driving rain didn't phase those wiper blades and I was rolling down the interstate when tractor/trailers were struggling to hit 50 mph.
My TRICO FORCE blades will be 2 years old this December. They still wipe like they were installed yesterday. 😉

Back