Cheap windshield wipers

I haven't seen the yellow bottle Rain-X in a long time, though admittedly I haven't looked much in the last couple years. Great stuff though, used to go through the trouble of a proper application before road trips. Hmm. Have a road trip next month, might be time to track down a bottle for the windshield.

I haven't seen the yellow bottle Rain-X in a long time, though admittedly I haven't looked much in the last couple years. Great stuff though, used to go through the trouble of a proper application before road trips. Hmm. Have a road trip next month, might be time to track down a bottle for the windshield.
What about any modern sealant or spray detailer? Applied TW Graphene on a car including the glass. Beads like crazy when wet. Probably wouldn't need to use wipers in the rain.

To a beloved sister-in-law I gave a Rain-X application.

I applied it to her car ('05 RAV-4) just before a rainy 230 mile drive.

She was blown away by how well the product worked.

I suppose applying it as weather was moving in worked against me as the moist air hindered the fluid vehicle's (alcohol?) evaporation.

For the last 20+ years, my Hondas get the factory inserts (usually sourced from USA or Japan) from the dealer, about $6/ea twice a year. Use Rain-X washer fluid exclusively, no problems. If someone made silicon inserts for the factory arms, I might give them a try.

For the last 20+ years, my Hondas get the factory inserts (usually sourced from USA or Japan) from the dealer, about $6/ea twice a year. Use Rain-X washer fluid exclusively, no problems. If someone made silicon inserts for the factory arms, I might give them a try.
rain-x washer fluid is really fantastic, the orange stuff has water repellent, which makes wiper blades work real good. Cleans better.

I would just go without mayo, but that is me...
Yeah, raw egg yolk, vegetable oil and vinegar. No thanks.

As for the OP, maybe they're old wipers. I'd try cleaning the blades with some isopropyl alcohol before dumping them.

What about any modern sealant or spray detailer? Applied TW Graphene on a car including the glass. Beads like crazy when wet. Probably wouldn't need to use wipers in the rain.
Yep been doing that very thing for many years and apply it to the blades as well. Average getting 3 solid years of fairly heavy use with them in all sorts of weather year round. Currently use the Griot's 3-1 since I use it on pretty much the entire exterior with great results.

Advance auto was just closing out Trico Neoforms for about $4.50 a piece. These are usually $15-20. I have had great luck with Trico in the past.
Same here as over the years I've tried different brands, types, etc. and by far the best I've found is the Trico Force. Far from cheap, but getting 3 solid years out of the last set it was a no brainer to get the same thing. Only reason I replaced them at that point is one had a small tear, maybe 1/2" long at one end and I was close to having it inspected for the year. Those things really impressed me while I was out in a tropical depression that came through our area and the gusts were approaching 60 mph. Tractor trailers on the interstate were struggling to maintain 50 mph speed consistently and those wiper blades didn't miss a beat with that wind/rain beating the car and driving near interstate speeds when possible.

I Clean my windshield real good and use a Clay Bar and put two coats of Nufinish on it. I also clean the wipers with armor all cleaning wipes and and apply 303.

I was using RainX blades, but about a year ago moved all our cars to Trico Flex blades from RA. They’re cheap (from there) and work great. I order them all at once to make the shipping worth it.

Was there a reason why you chose to no longer use RainX? I've used them exclusively for several years and found that they last longer than the cheapest ones I was finding at AZ, which is what I used to buy. I'm paying twice as much as the cheapo blades, and getting about or at least twice as much life out of them. Do you find that Trico is better for any reason, or was this just a better buy?

I was using RainX blades, but about a year ago moved all our cars to Trico Flex blades from RA. They’re cheap (from there) and work great. I order them all at once to make the shipping worth it.

For about the last couple years I've been waxing my windshield when I wax the rest of the car and my wipers do a much better job and last a lot longer. I've got wiper blades on one of my cars that I gave $6. for the set. I think they've now been on the car for about a year and are still wiping the windshield clean without any missed spots, streaks or chattering. The reason I started doing this is because I had a set of blades on it before that were cleaning good but chattering so I gave it a try. They stopped chattering and lasted several more months before they started leaving streaks. Might want to give it a try YMMV.

Silicone wiper blades. Done.

I’ve been a truck driver for 30 years. The mechanics always used cheap rubber wiper blades. So I started buying my own silicone blades. They last for 5 years. Do not get hard in the cold. Do not melt in the heat. Always a good clean wiper every time.
Do I hear a second vote for silicone wiper blades?

Back