Wiper Blades

Both are Good.
the Bosch are what my local Ford Dealer installs....(dad had them do ALL the service on mom's Taurus until a couple years back)
probably what i'd go with.
I was just about to suggest, just as an aside, the rain-x expert fit line. Cheap as chips(~$10ea.), and work as good as or better than others I've tried.
I like them to the point, that they are my go to blade, even though walmart is my employers primary competition. ( that particular Rain-x Line is exclusive to Walmart and Pep-boys, the latter of which has no stores near me.)

When it comes to wiper blades I was very impressed with how the new Honda brand blades the dealer put on my new to me 2016 CR-V wiped the windshield so clean on each stroke.

With our last car I always bought what ever was on sale if I ever bothered to buy any that is. I would let them go for a very long time.

But the OEM Honda blades impressed my a lot. Enough that I may replace them with the same thing.

Someone pointed out that if you really want new blades to perform, you should clay-bar the windshield just before you put them on. I do not know if that is true, but I may try that.

I've had good luck with both of them brands mentioned. Although, for some odd reason I seem to lean towards the Trico; so, personally that is what I would go with. Good Luck!

I will say that I've tried all three. The Bosch's seem to have to lowest life expectancy at least from my experience. The tricos did fairly well. My first set of Rain-X wipers lasted a whole year and in Colorado that seems rare. My second set only lasted about six months, not sure if it was a fluke or a quality issue.

I need to replace my wiper blades. I usually buy the El Cheapos from WM but decided to step it up this time. My (2) choices to pick from are;
1) BOSCH Clear Advantage

Clear Advantage Wiper Blades | Bosch Auto Parts
TRICO® Force Wiper Blades | For Maximum Windshield Contact (tricoproducts.com)

Like these. Switched other cars to them this fall.

I got a used car with them late this summer. Impressed and made me "up my game" wrt wiper blades. I got a bunch at a good price from RM European with other parts. Also RA has them at a good price IIRC.

Trico Force.

Bosch Clear Advantage are the lowest end beam wiper blades from Bosch.

Last edited:
I've had the Trico Force on my ride for about 2.5 yrs now and they are still in good shape. Here in NC we have a bit of weather variety so it's seen a bit of everything. For years I've been in the habit of applying Lucas Slick Mist to the blades/windshield and I have no doubt it helps them perform better and last longer.

The only thing that I can add to this thread (not one brand/model over the others) is that I am a huge fan of "beam style blades" over the "pressure point style blades". I've really enjoyed all of the beam type that I have tried in many brands(I haven't tried every brand). Even though I may stick with one brand/model over the others, it's mainly due to price at the time of purchase.

Someone pointed out that if you really want new blades to perform, you should clay-bar the windshield just before you put them on. I do not know if that is true, but I may try that.
I find I need to clay the windshield 1-2x per year to prevent wiper chatter/shudder. Might be since my cars are parked outside and pick up all sorts of junk on the glass.

Back