Wiper Blades

Two years ago I installed a set of Busch blades on my Jeep and about a month later I was driving on the interstate when it started to lightly rain. I turned on the wipers and the Bosch blades started to leave a sticky rubber residue on my windshield. It got to where the wipers could no longer just slide over the windshield. They started to skip and make a mess all over the windshield. I exited as soon as I saw a store and I found an auto parts store and replaced the blades. I had to stand there with an umbrella and clean the rubber off the windshield before I could drive. I now use Aero brand wiper blades sold on Amazon and I have been happy with them. They are better than Bosch and less expensive.

as I posted on the other thread about wiper blades, it's odd that Bosch seems to be having trouble with their quality lately. Usually I use the Bosch Excel+ conventional blade (lighter than the beams is why I use them, less stress on the wiper motor).. but replacing the excel+ I had on there, I've been through about 3 blades, because of streaking, etc. I did clean the windshield with Bon-Ami to make sure there was nothing on the glass. That didn't make much of a difference. So I gave up on the Bosch and based on what TimMastertech was saying in the other thread, went to the Trico View (conventional) blade and BAM! Finally, clear/clean wiping of the windshield! In the past I wouldn't have considered Trico but looks like things improve over time!

I also noticed that the trico view blades (on the windshield edge side, passenger side) curve to the windshield where the old Excel left it hanging in open air! Ok well they were only $10 a blade at my local auto parts store so I'll see how they go..

I'm just thankful to everyone here to have asked the question about wiper blades, it is the time of the season to have good ones! :giggle:(y)

My blades still haven't arrived yet. The vendor I bought them from said the USPS is employee short handed, along with the Christmas holiday shipping. They were SUPPOSED to be here Monday 12/14/2020. :mad:

Got my blades in 2 days and put them on yesterday. Just in time as it rained most of the day. Work great, quiet, smooth and streak free. They were made in Mexico but so was my 2005 Chevy truck. 🙃
Those are what just came off of my truck. Put on last fall. Worked great for 6 months. Then slowly the rubber degraded in the summer sun. I paid $11 for a pair ITD, felt they were a good value.

as I posted on the other thread about wiper blades, it's odd that Bosch seems to be having trouble with their quality lately. Usually I use the Bosch Excel+ conventional blade (lighter than the beams is why I use them, less stress on the wiper motor).. but replacing the excel+ I had on there, I've been through about 3 blades, because of streaking, etc. I did clean the windshield with Bon-Ami to make sure there was nothing on the glass. That didn't make much of a difference. So I gave up on the Bosch and based on what TimMastertech was saying in the other thread, went to the Trico View (conventional) blade and BAM! Finally, clear/clean wiping of the windshield! In the past I wouldn't have considered Trico but looks like things improve over time!

I also noticed that the trico view blades (on the windshield edge side, passenger side) curve to the windshield where the old Excel left it hanging in open air! Ok well they were only $10 a blade at my local auto parts store so I'll see how they go..

I'm just thankful to everyone here to have asked the question about wiper blades, it is the time of the season to have good ones! :giggle:(y)

Interesting that you mention this because I replaced my OEM Denso blades on the Mazda to Bosch. I can’t remember the model line (Focus?) but they worked fine for several months then suddenly I am getting that same residue and chatter on the windshield. Copious amounts of windshield washer fluid helps but I am going back to the OEM here soon.

Here it is 7 days later then the delivery date I was supposed to get my blades, and they're still not here. If I had known it would take this long to get them I would have just bought some from NAPA. 🤬😡😠

Interesting that you mention this because I replaced my OEM Denso blades on the Mazda to Bosch. I can’t remember the model line (Focus?) but they worked fine for several months then suddenly I am getting that same residue and chatter on the windshield. Copious amounts of windshield washer fluid helps but I am going back to the OEM here soon.
The nice thing about the OE Mazda blades is the replaceable refill available from Mazda. As long as the the frame is in good shape, the refills are less expensive than the new blades.

The nice thing about the OE Mazda blades is the replaceable refill available from Mazda. As long as the the frame is in good shape, the refills are less expensive than the new blades.

I should have done that in the first place. The Bosch required a adaptor to fit. Fortunately I saved the parts.

I usually wait untill Costco has Michellin wipers on sale for 5.99 and change them every 6 months or so. We dont get the snow and ice, but we do get terrential down pours and driving in the summer at night I get a ton of bug impacts especially June bugs. IMHO a wipers ability to get bug guts of my winshield and not smear is more important.

Just after I made my last reply here, guess what shows up?
BLADES.jpeg

I’ve been using the Rain-X Fusion blades, they seem to be similar in wiping consistency to the OE blades.
It’s their middle of the road offering, I used the higher priced Latitude blades before but they don’t last as long as the lesser model on my vehicles.

Back