wife got a wild hair, wants a RAV4?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the misfortune of driving the CR-V today and was reminded why I detest it so much...the seats are awful for me.

On the subject of Hybrid vehicles, I would lease one but surely wouldn't buy one because I don't want to deal with expensive battery issues down the road. I'm not even enthused about leasing one because I doubt there's any break-even point between the additional cost and the increased fuel economy in the short term.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
She also said she thinks she wants to buy instead of lease, and drive the wheels off the thing.

Smart. Leasing sucks.

Honestly, it's worked well for us...we drive low enough miles that the 12k per annum is fine, I never have to buy anything beyond oil changes, tire rotations and wiper blades and the cars are under warranty the whole time.

It can work out perfectly if you're smart about it. This is a bit OT, but some can probably relate.

My FIL leases Nissan Rogues. He has since their debut in ~2007. He pays for 3yr/36K mile leases and thinks he's pulling a fast one by turning them in towards a new lease at the ~30 month, 20K (at most) mileage point. Ugh..

I tell him over and over, 'You know you're paying for 3yrs/36K miles right?' He doesn't get it. Dumps about $3000 down every 30 months as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back