Can you help me better understand why women want a SUV over a sedan?

I don’t think I have been flashed at once in 8 years due to auto high beams being on. In my wife’s previous car, last generation Wrangler with lensed LEDs (not smart, no swiveling) I get flashed relatively often driving with low beams. It has to do with that car’s height vs older sedans that would think I have high beams on, but in reality my lights are at their eyes level. I enjoy knowing what goes through their head when I show them what high beams are on it by flicking it a few times 😆. Honestly, I sometimes felt bad driving that Jeep at night, but low beams are low beams, no way to dim or lower the light projection on that car
At this point I’m convinced ALL Wrangler headlights glare like crazy lol

I’m surprised I don’t get flashed more often in my truck, but I took time to aim them properly and they’re halogens. Only had a time or 2 where someone didn’t get the memo that my low beams are on so they got low beam, high beam, and light bar.

i see too many lifted trucks with badly aimed headlights. i understand your low beams are bright but they also should be pointed in the right spot. some trucks have flashed me for flashing them, and their high beams point at the sky

At this point I’m convinced ALL Wrangler headlights glare like crazy lol

I’m surprised I don’t get flashed more often in my truck, but I took time to aim them properly and they’re halogens. Only had a time or 2 where someone didn’t get the memo that my low beams are on so they got low beam, high beam, and light bar.

My wife had 18’ with optional LED and their output was quite powerful. I think more so than my E class’s headlights. Coupled Wrangler’s ride height, when I see an oncoming Wrangler with LED lights, in my sedan I have to look away. Not the case with halogens. I think because halogens are a reflector type (?) vs lensed (concentrated) LED’s.

The thing with people not realizing they are dealing with Wrangler’s low beams is funny. I liked to think what went through their had when I flicked high beams in responde to them flashing me, as they got closer, to show what high beams are 😁

I did not know headlights aim could b adjusted on that car 🤷‍♂️

They glare even more when "upgraded" with Chinesium LED bulbs from (usually) Amazon.

People don’t seem to realize, that adding chinesium accessories/upgrades — most of the time — screams “low socio economic status” and does not add inches to one’s d@@k. You can always tell an inner city dweller by his pimped out car, where as the same car, without pimping could be driven by a completely normal middle class person

People don’t seem to realize, that adding chinesium accessories/upgrades — most of the time — screams “low socio economic status” and does not add inches to one’s d@@k. You can always tell an inner city dweller by his pimped out car, where as the same car, without pimping could be driven by a completely normal middle class person
and then there's the guy with a private airplane and a Porsche who dailys a clapped out stock jeep Cherokee, and has one or two batteries that he moves between his cars. he doesn't want to spend money on batteries for his truck so he just steals the car battery when he needs to tow

Maybe a similiar reason a man wants a pickup truck even though he never plans to do any hauling and never got his hands dirty.
My parents always had station wagons. Perfect for drive-in movies.
It's easier to "do it" in the back of an SUV than the front seat of a pickup truck.

Plenty of men buying CU/SU Vs over sedans as well....

My thought? Higher ride height give a more commanding view of the road especially with all the big trucks now. More room to carry things easier with a hatch (effectively a taller/lifted station wagon). Makes sense to me.

a good size suv with all the seats folded down does have a good bit of room, I've put dressers and bookshelves in my suv. and you can haul quite a few people with a bigger suv.
i don't understand why cars like the Chevy trax exist though. its too small to be a useful suv and too ugly to be a good car. honda elements have some sort of space warping going on, you can fit a good amount in those, and a minivan with the low floor is bigger than some apartments

I remember when cars used to have huge rear hatches:
That's true. But if they make a (sedan) hatch these days-they don't sell. Again-the market is what it is. You can argue a CUV is a "hatchback". But the hip swivel point is higher, so it's not like a sedan-at all.

A friend of mine's Daughter wants a vehicle for her 16th bithday, and asked for my help. I located a flooded MB AWD sedan, that I can rebuild and probably have to her for $2k out the door (see picture). Her response was she does not want a sedan, and would take a worse shape little SUV, like a Toyota RAV4.

Yesterday, when I arrived home from a week long work trip, first thing I was told walking in the door was my middle Son's wife told my Wife she wants a SUV. I said, I can get her a sedan for free (I will pay for it), response back- has to be a SUV.

What am I missing here? Why is a small SUV so important to a woman in her 20s, and a 16 year old, over a nice sedan, at a deep savings or for free?

View attachment 152225

Reminds me of one of my sisters who believed (for a very short time) she could dictate what type of free vehicles would be bought and given to her.

That's true. But if they make a (sedan) hatch these days-they don't sell. Again-the market is what it is. You can argue a CUV is a "hatchback". But the hip swivel point is higher, so it's not like a sedan-at all.
I think of the CUV as more of a compact, slighly raised station wagon.

Plenty of men buying CU/SU Vs over sedans as well....

My thought? Higher ride height give a more commanding view of the road especially with all the big trucks now. More room to carry things easier with a hatch (effectively a taller/lifted station wagon). Makes sense to me.
And take care of aging parents who really have a hard time getting in a low-ride sedan...

Reminds me of one of my sisters who believed (for a very short time) she could dictate what type of free vehicles would be bought and given to her.

But she was quickly shown her place and told her opinion and wants are irrelevant? Not very enabling... Pretty sure, for example, Trump wasn't raised this way by his father, hence the confidence he has...

Her opinion is totally relevant. Shes free to purchase anything she wants and can afford.

No one is obligated to fulfill her wishes and its bad form and impolite to look a gift horse in the mouth and beggars do not have luxury of being choosers.

Her opinion is totally relevant. Shes free to purchase anything she wants and can afford.

No one is obligated to fulfill her wishes and its bad form and impolite to look a gift horse in the mouth and beggars do not have luxury of being choosers.

If your son or daughter that has no own money says he/she wants French fries with ketchup, will you ignore that and get him mustard instead? Only because you are the one paying? It's a sincere question

And take care of aging parents who really have a hard time getting in a low-ride sedan...
100% - that is my parents. Early 80s. Hell, I'm 50 and my back isn't great and it hurts to get in my 2 cars.

Back