Why not moly in mobil 1 and royal purple if its so good????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvette, Chevette are both vettes. There was a turboed 80s Chevette that ran mid 12s in the Seattle area a few years back. I could go to the local Chevy dealer tommorow and drive off with a new Vette with a good down and financing. If I were to get a 100% home equety loan ($275,000) I could buy 3 or more. But Suberu has a new Turboed XT Forester that runs 13's. Could I, would I, should I. NO, I will keep my 78 Little Red Truck and 65 Barracuda, both run high to mid 12's with RP in every sump on the Cuda. Yuppy Brats bashing other peoples cars are so full of themselfs and stinky brown doggie stuff. My 2 bits. DaveJ

John Browning - Harley Davidsons are worse offenders than Corvettes in any of your categories. A similar situation.
But the Harley and Corvette names seem to be sacrosanct.
One other difference - many Harley owners wear a costume to be 'different', but end up being more the same than anybody. It's laughable.

I do not have a problem with Corvettes! I just hate all of the hype associated with them. TO listen to most Corvette owners all other sports cars are inferior to the Corvette and that is simply not true. I think Corvettes through out their history have had some wounderful cars!! I tink they are some of the sexiest sports cars to have such a long production run! They have had a lot of models though that should never have been built!!!They have never been the technological flagg ship that GM has made out to be!! They were freg. not competitive with other import sports cars or domestic muscle cars! Everyone wants to skip over the rough spots in the Vettes history!! I think that the ZR1,C5,C6 and (Modern)Z06 are all great achievements for GM with the Corvette. I would only ask why they took so darn long to get it close to corect. They still need to work on squeaks and rattles and the cheap plastic interior!

Unlike a lot of Vette owners growing up in Europe I had the opertunity to drive a lot of different sports car. I then was invlved with import tuneing back when it was not popular and only a hard core few did it. I did mostly european vechiles but also did asian. Few Corvette owners have ever driven a MR2 Turbo, a Supra Turbo, a Scorico, Porsche 911,928, RUF,Lotus Elise etc.....I knew guys that rented Ferari's for prom at my American H.S. in Germany! Few of them grew up driveing at sppeds they need to go to a race track to hit in the USA!

All sports cars have their pro's and con's and their distinct personality! Just becasue a sports car is fast and cheap does not mean it is for you!And yes a Corvette is Cheap! If you can waite for the first owner to get tired of it and you are willing to shop around for a gem you can get a great deal on a great car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back