In-house motor oil testing

I know Valvoline does in-house motor oil testing, they search for the best base oils, and have their own additive package, (they also lie and say American owned and operated on every bottle LOL..) Mobil 1, I believe has a testing facility in New Jersey. I know they have their own base oils and additive package. Years ago they done testing with a Las Vegas cab company. Valvoline says, they have surpassed GF-6 standards, true or false I don't know.. I have read things that Mobil 1 is not nearly as good as it use to be.. I have read Pennzoil and Valvoline are the ways to go.. you don't hear anything about Pennzoil and there testing.. Just curious what you all have to add on this..

Valvoline's bottles said that prior to Aramco taking them over. What do the latest and newest labels say?

Don’t post anything negative about Mobil 1. The goon squad will be out in full force. 😂

Honestly though, how can any majority group 3 synthetic be better or worse with the same approvals? IMO I really liked the Mobil 1 Tri-Syn era and before. After that, I nor my engines could tell the difference between $30 jugs of oil.

Last edited:
Don’t post anything negative about Mobil 1. The goon squad will be out in full force. 😂

Honestly though, how can any majority group 3 synthetic be better or worse with the same approvals? IMO I really liked the Mobil 1 Tri-Syn era and before. After that, I or my engines couldn’t tell the difference between $30 jugs of oil.
I'm using Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic, I get at Sam's club, I have no negative to say about it. My engine likes it, my engine is clean inside.

I'm using Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic, I get at Sam's club, I have no negative to say about it. My engine likes it, my engine is clean inside.
Just bought some for my daughters car myself. Was going to give Valvoline R&P a try but my Wally World was out.

C777A39D-B490-4577-9BC4-48A2F859F795.jpeg

I know Valvoline does in-house motor oil testing, they search for the best base oils, and have their own additive package, (they also lie and say American owned and operated on every bottle LOL..) Mobil 1, I believe has a testing facility in New Jersey. I know they have their own base oils and additive package. Years ago they done testing with a Las Vegas cab company. Valvoline says, they have surpassed GF-6 standards, true or false I don't know.. I have read things that Mobil 1 is not nearly as good as it use to be.. I have read Pennzoil and Valvoline are the ways to go.. you don't hear anything about Pennzoil and there testing.. Just curious what you all have to add on this..

Where that base come from?

Nah, most companies make oil, they never test it. Why would they? They go buy some mineral oil, mix with olive oil and some sunflower oil, and there you go. We buy it bcs. it is Mobil1.

Last edited:
Back