why not ASHLAND or EXXON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Im not against using exxon products just buying them. I refuse to line the pockets of those fat cats who have waaay to much pull in the world. I'd be more than happy to give my money to Ashland and I do! I know that valvoline is not whispering into {removed political comment}

With few financial successes in our country these days, XM is a very bright spot. Their profit margine is lower than most think. Somewhere in the 15% range as a corporation.( and they do pay taxes) We have vast energy needs and XM helps in a big way to meet them. If XM went out of business tomorrow your energy cost would skyrocket. As for Ashland, how do you know what their political conections are? That's what I thought, you don't.

...and that includes their 'expense' of vastly overpaying those that eat into their profit margin, right?

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Im not against using exxon products just buying them. I refuse to line the pockets of those fat cats who have waaay to much pull in the world. I'd be more than happy to give my money to Ashland and I do! I know that valvoline is not whispering into {removed political comment}

With few financial successes in our country these days, XM is a very bright spot. Their profit margine is lower than most think. Somewhere in the 15% range as a corporation.( and they do pay taxes) We have vast energy needs and XM helps in a big way to meet them. If XM went out of business tomorrow your energy cost would skyrocket. As for Ashland, how do you know what their political conections are? That's what I thought, you don't.

...and that includes their 'expense' of vastly overpaying those that eat into their profit margin, right?

You lost me there.??

You lost me there.??

There is that entire 'smoldering pot' of people thinking folks wanting to make 'too much' money in that industry. I don't know whether that is true or not, so I threw it out there. Yet, as the state below brings up: Do they not have high profits or not?

Profits mean after expense, right?

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
There 3rd quarter profit released TODAY was only a mere 10 BILLION dollors

I may use XOM products, but NEVER Mobil-1. It goes back to 2 things:
any motor vehicle engine I've used M-1 in, has more valvetrain noise. Pure and simple equation: motor vehicle + M1 = more noise. More mechanical noise is not good IMO.
M-1 leads the pack in higher Fe levels in UOAs, over and over and over again-doesn't matter which car, or engine, or region of the country, or which M-1 I've used. XOM cannot provide a logical explanation for this.
You would think with their billions of dollars in research this would not be a difficult problem to solve
I will give my dollars to the SOPUS boys, while you give yours to XOM--sort of makes the world go round

Originally Posted By: steve20
any motor vehicle engine I've used M-1 in, has more valvetrain noise. Pure and simple equation: motor vehicle + M1 = more noise. More mechanical noise is not good IMO.
M-1 leads the pack in higher Fe levels in UOAs, over and over and over again-doesn't matter which car, or engine, or region of the country, or which M-1 I've used. XOM cannot provide a logical explanation for this.
You would think with their billions of dollars in research this would not be a difficult problem to solve
I will give my dollars to the SOPUS boys, while you give yours to XOM--sort of makes the world go round

Excellent post!!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: steve20

Yes, we all know you guys and your UOA's....

However....

Originally Posted By: buster

Years ago someone on the TDI forum had a analytical ferrography done and the oil that had 2x the Fe wear actually had LOWER wear. The particles were smaller.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
whistle.gif

Trying to determine "wear" from UOA Fe numbers is like Jim Bob telling you that there are rocks in the back yard. He's not telling you if the rocks are in fact pebbles or huge 5ft wide boulders. UOA's are equally as vague.

Are you going to be more worried about 20 pebbles or 4 5ft wide boulders?

Mobil doesn't do anything about it because it is irrelevant. Doug made it a point to PROVE that by posting pics of liners and bearings from an engine with 1.2 MILLION Km's on it that still spec'd "as new", with the oil changed at an Fe condemnation limit of 150ppm!

He's done the fleet testing, performed the tear downs and gave everybody on this site the facts. Nobody simply wants to hear them, because everybody wants to be able to spend 20 bucks and find the "best" oil. And that's what it really comes down to.

yaris0128 said:

You lost me there.??

There is that entire 'smoldering pot' of people thinking folks wanting to make 'too much' money in that industry. I don't know whether that is true or not, so I threw it out there. Yet, as the state below brings up: Do they not have high profits or not?

Profits mean after expense, right?

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
There 3rd quarter profit released TODAY was only a mere 10 BILLION dollors

Billions in profit is a lot of money, but XM is a hugh company and their profit margin is in the 15% range which is in line with many smaller companys. I for one want all of our corporations to be as successful as XM then we all are better off.

Profit and Net profit are different. Exxons net profit is roughly around 8.90%. Look at the vast amount of volume Exxon can see and thats why 10 Billion in Profit sounds like a huge margin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back