Why no high mileage oils in Europe other than Valvoline?

I think looking at how people maintain there cars in the UK answers the question. People don’t do their own oil changes on cars under 10 years old. They take it to a dealer or independent/ fast fit to get done.

They don’t know or care what oil is going into it they just go back when the service due warning comes back on.

You then have the mechanic’s doing night jobs who buy the cheapest oil from a trade store and again don’t care because the owner wants to spend as little as possible.

Trade stores over here don’t have big areas you can walk around looking at different oils and such you just go to the counter and they get you what you ask for from a warehouse behind.

Supermarkets have a very small range of oils and most people buying from here just look at grade.

In short packaging is irrelevant to most people as they don’t see it. As said buy some, the grade specified buy the manufacturer is what’s used/ focused on most outside of people topping up from a supermarket

Because most Europeans don't have driveways.

1621455874265.png

Last edited:
Actually there are some HM oils available in Europe, though not as popular as in the US.
Personally I seldomly felt any need to use one. I only did run Castrol RS 10W-60 once in
an older Golf that suffered from low oil pressure when hot. This cured the issue for me
(at that time).

Back