Gifted some Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0w-20. Ok to mix with my non high mileage oil?

A friend of mine just gave me 4 bottles, well really 3 and a half, of Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 High Mileage oil. His vehicle was recently totaled and his new one uses a different weight.

My question is, can I use this at my next oil change mixed with the oil I normally use, which is Kendall GT-1 Max 0w-20? My thought was substitute 1 bottle of the Pennzoil in each of my next 3 oil changes. I'm assuming that is fine, but wasn't sure since the Pennzoil is a high mileage oil. This will be going in a 2021 Subaru Onyx XT with a Turbocharged 2.4L with just over 10k miles on it.

Excuse my ignorance if this has been asked before, or if this is just a silly question. I'm a retired IT guy and my knowledge of oils doesn't extend much past doing my own changes.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

A friend of mine just gave me 4 bottles, well really 3 and a half, of Pennzoil Platinum 0w-20 High Mileage oil. His vehicle was recently totaled and his new one uses a different weight.

My question is, can I use this at my next oil change mixed with the oil I normally use, which is Kendall GT-1 Max 0w-20? My thought was substitute 1 bottle of the Pennzoil in each of my next 3 oil changes. I'm assuming that is fine, but wasn't sure since the Pennzoil is a high mileage oil. This will be going in a 2021 Subaru Onyx XT with a Turbocharged 2.4L with just over 10k miles on it.

Excuse my ignorance if this has been asked before, or if this is just a silly question. I'm a retired IT guy and my knowledge of oils doesn't extend much past doing my own changes.

It will work fine. No worries.

Yup

If you knew the many combinations of brands , weights , types , etc. that I've done over the years , you wouldn't worry about asking this . This place will screw with your head if you let it .
Next thing you know, you’re driving around searching for $2 clearance oil for your “collection” and letting your oil drain all weekend to get 10 more ounces out. And slowly, day-by-day, you’ll lose more and more of your grip on reality.

Next thing you know, you’re driving around searching for $2 clearance oil for your “collection” and letting your oil drain all weekend to get 10 more ounces out. And slowly, day-by-day, you’ll lose more and more of your grip on reality.
Don't forget , buying an oil filter cutter ..
I've been changing oil in my vehicles for 50 years . I'm not sure how I've done without one this long . ;)

If you knew the many combinations of brands , weights , types , etc. that I've done over the years , you wouldn't worry about asking this . This place will screw with your head if you let it .
Don't forget , buying an oil filter cutter ..
I've been changing oil in my vehicles for 50 years . I'm not sure how I've done without one this long . ;)

Good to know my "insanity" is actually sane in the BITOG world. I feel like I'm slowly checking off items on my path to my new reality.
-Clearance oils - check
-Mixing oils - check
-looking forward to C&P's on filters - check
-Getting UOA's and Imagining bearing damage and coked up piston rings - check
-Purchase Oil Filter Cutter - check
-caring about said bearing and piston rings over my fellow humans - In Progress...

It's like that one guy in that one movie who who was making himself a woman suit.

"What weight are you, 50, oh yeah, you'll do just fine"

Opens the 50 and adds some to the girl suit

"Would you drive me, I'd drive me, I'd drive me HARD"

Then stupid old Jodie Foster shows up...

It's like that one guy in that one movie who who was making himself a woman suit.

"What weight are you, 50, oh yeah, you'll do just fine"

Opens the 50 and adds some to the girl suit

"Would you drive me, I'd drive me, I'd drive me HARD"

Then stupid old Jodie Foster shows up...
This went off the rails a little faster than anticipated…

Late to the party here...my last Subaru OB "cocktail" was Pennzoil 0w 20 HM + Castrol 10W 30 + Mobil 1 0W40...mostly 0W20 but needed to get rid of those leftovers. I have noticed 250HP gain and aero coefficient improvement.

Last edited:
Late to the part here...my last Subaru OB "cocktail" was Pennzoil 0w 20 HM + Castrol 10W 30 + Mobil 1 0W40...mostly 0W20 but needed to get rid of those leftovers. I have noticed 250HP gain and aero coefficient improvement.
That looks eerily similar to my recent cocktail. It also made my minivan run like a Ferrari... :)

Totally mix it for the best. How else would use up the partials and top offs with 6 different vehicles and OPE?
1709665815269.jpg

Back