Why keep a big oil Stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chet2
it is a sickness and compulsion...i have 20 qts for 2 cars and i have to fight the urge every weekend...i dont like using oil that is 4 years or older so i have to discipline myself
That's not a sickness... I have that in Amsoil alone. I have over 122 Quarts of various oils at the moment.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Captain_Klink
I like to have a good stock. I buy when I see a good deal.

Me too. I see costs going up from here, and no one can really be sure GF-5 oils are going to work well in older cars. LOL. There is some justification for buying more oil.

That's what I do... Not for my Amsoil stuff because it usually doesn't change much to make a difference and my employer pays me mileage which covers it, but for all the other oil in my collection for the Cabriolet etc.

27.gif
It's all mine... All mine.
27.gif

This site got me to stashing oil. I currently have 1 jug of Mobil 5000 and 1 jug of RTS. This is enough to last me to next year. I'm also constantly looking at discounts at WalMart whenever I'm there and just pick up some if it's on special.

I'm not as bad as some I've read here, but I never stashed away oil before coming to this site.

I think it's a money saving thing and a collection thing too.

I don't stock filters though.

Many people are collectors. Some collect fine wines for their wine cellar, some collect stamps, fine cars or even Beanie Babies. Oil is a cheap way to start collecting, and you know you will have a use for it some day. You can arainge the bottles on a shelf in a way that looks cool. Take a bottle down and read the back even though you have read it many times before. (just like baseball cards when you were a kid) Stack the bottles in a row as if you owned your own oil store. Dream about which oil you will use next, and in which vehicle it will go.

Whew, geting all excited about this; I think I'll go out and buy some oil..

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

Me too. I see costs going up from here, and no one can really be sure GF-5 oils are going to work well in older cars. LOL. There is some justification for buying more oil.

I keep a small stash for myself because I like to use new formulations in my car. Yes, I check the date of every bottle/jug I buy. I am eagerly waiting for GF5.

But I keep another not as small stash, full of quality clearance oils for my family's cars. Like I picked up Havoline and Shell for $1 a gallon. I hate needing to change oil and paying retail price.

I must also add that I almost always buy my oil from rebates or sales. My last 5 jugs were from the grand opening sale at APP. The gallon jugs of their house brand (Coastal, from what I hear) was on sale for $3.98.

The last purchase before that was the .79 cent a quart Formula Shell from the Checker rebate. Before that was the .89 Chevron Supreme...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back