Why are 30K services considered as rip-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by crw:
I have NEVER had a cabin filter replaced.......
dunno.gif

.... and it probably looks like !#$@#&$&$^!^!

Andy

quote:

Originally posted by KieferS:
This is why im going to OEC Job training that my high school offers next year, and why I will be going to UTI after I graduate. I don't want things like this to be said about my shop. Once I graduate from UTI- and get 4 or 5 years work experience working for the man; I'm going to open an honest shop, do honest work and offer honest prices- and I will get customers. It's as simple as that- people recognize good work when they see it- and if you offer good work with good prices- and make good friends with your customers- you make good money.
biggthumbcoffe.gif
to all the honest shops.

Simple tip from one businessman to another:

Do good work. Do only needed work.
DO NOT UNDERCUT THE OTHER GUY'S LABOR RATES!
It's okay to undercut the dealers, but not by too much.
Low prices for your shop only make people think you don't know what you're doing.
That goes for ANY business.. cars, computers or locksmithing.
The overhead for running a good shop is a lot higher than anyone realizes except the guys who run one.
If you do good, honest work and never upsell worthless **** services to your customers, you'll have a waiting list for people to get their cars worked on, even if you DO charge $5/hr above the market rate.

So do work that will fix the problem, no **.
Pay your guys well
Charge less than the dealer but not by much, because cheap prices make you seem like you don't know what your doing.
Do good work, and you can charge a little more.
Good Advice- Gotcha.

Also, do recommend additional services beyond what the owner's manual calls for. (i.e. more frequent ATF changes) Don't recommend bogus services that may bring little or no benefit to the customer. (i.e. fuel injection cleaning)

Show the customer exactly what services are required for their vehicle (at the specific mileage) per the owner's manual, but also recommend your additional services, and state why they should be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back