Toyota RAV4 30K service cost?

I did not know that. I will double check with her. I take it you paid extra for Toyota Care?
Thanks! This would be a perfect time to use it.
There is ToyotaGuard (what normally comes with the car, at different levels - basically oil changes, roadside, etc)

And ToyotaCare Advantage. They usually try to sell you Advantage. It covers all things maintenance to a certain number of miles. They wanted $600 bucks or something which I was too much of a tightwad to buy, but likely a decent deal if you plan to go to the dealer anyway.

There is ToyotaGuard (what normally comes with the car, at different levels - basically oil changes, roadside, etc)

And ToyotaCare Advantage. They usually try to sell you Advantage. It covers all things maintenance to a certain number of miles. They wanted $600 bucks or something which I was too much of a tightwad to buy, but likely a decent deal if you plan to go to the dealer anyway.
Do they check the nut behind the wheel?

What you are all missing is along with the check of the installation of the floor mat they will  adjust it also if need be. That by itself must be worth $850.
I hate it when that happens...

As a proud BITOG member, it is beyond me why someone can't do a simple oil change service and would rather pay stupid $$ like this.
I know it's just me, but sheesh!

They know people dumb enough to pay the "Toyota tax" will pay this without question and feel good while doing it. There's no such thing as a 30k, 60k, 90k service anymore.

A friend's daughter asked me to service her 2021 RAV4 hybrid; apparently the dealer quoted about $1,000. I did not see the quote but I have the 30K work sheet.
Oil change service, engine and cabin air filters and tire rotation. The rest is inspection.

By the way, it seems 0w16 oil options are pretty limited. I Amazon'ed M1 and filters for $65 including the governor's tax.

I thought $1K was a little steep, to say the least. I told her she must be mistaken.
Is that what the going rates for a 30K service are nowadays?

View attachment 178424

Mercedes Benz A service hits these things for around $275. Add another $100 if they actually change both the CAF and engine AF.

The dealer is adding all sorts of “optional services” that they “recommend” but Toyota does not.

Good on you for provided only the recommended services for her.

And at a substantial savings.
This. Most of the more sophisticated dealers will offer "minimum," "value," and "preferred" options. $1k gets you the preferred package with the snake oil and wallet flushes:

1694815959518.png

No. I think it's at 60k, along with the rear differential (severe service), otherwise lifetime
No, it is lifetime fill per Toyota. Unless....you use the vehicle for these applications:

"Driving while towing, using a car-top carrier, or heavy vehicle loading​

Mercedes Benz A service hits these things for around $275. Add another $100 if they actually change both the CAF and engine AF.
A service is about $300, B service includes cabin filter and brake fluid exchange, usually around $800 total out here.

A friend's daughter asked me to service her 2021 RAV4 hybrid; apparently the dealer quoted about $1,000. I did not see the quote but I have the 30K work sheet.
Oil change service, engine and cabin air filters and tire rotation. The rest is inspection.

By the way, it seems 0w16 oil options are pretty limited. I Amazon'ed M1 and filters for $65 including the governor's tax.

I thought $1K was a little steep, to say the least. I told her she must be mistaken.
Is that what the going rates for a 30K service are nowadays?

View attachment 178424
there is a reason many people call the dealrship the "stealership".

I work at a Toyota dealership in Northern NY.
For the service the op describes, oil change, rotate, replace cabin and engine air filters, and multi point inspection, our dealership would charge in the neighborhood of $150-$200 for that.

If you don't have the time to do it, she could get the fluid changed, and the filters changed at Valvoline instant oil change for probably $150 total, and a full synthetic oil change.

Deffinitely about $850 too steep, would love to see their recommendations. Do they want to spray cleaner into the AC unit to make it smell better? This type of car does not need throttle body service at 30k period.

I would do the rear diff gear oil now - and then never again (or 100K). Gotta get the wear-in particulate out unless you like brinelled bearings. If the front diff is a separate case, do that one too. Many dealers charge too much for diff service - it's way easier than an oil change and much lower capacity. If it on the lift for an OC and chassis lube, diff service should add no more than 35 buckerinos.

Back