Who uses Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic?

I use it when it is on sale/rebate. It holds up and works as well as any other oils I have used. The engine runs very quiet and smooth...even quieter than M1 and Valvoline (but I have no quantifiable evidence to support this claim).

I believe Pennzoil is excellent oil. But I have frankly rarely used it.

Please only comment if you personally use or have used Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic in the last few years, and your personal observations and results. I will probably end up with most of this to use myself, and want to feel confident in using it.

The reason I ask is that I have a relatively large stash of 5w20, 5w30, and 0w40 (from a large oil purchase, thousands of quarts among many brands) and I have been selling all/any of my oil off. My observation is that nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to buy Pennzoil. Some actually refuse it. It's remarkable, really. Mobil1 is the overwhelmingly demanded oil; next is Valvoline, then Castrol... few are interested in Quaker State (a SOPUS product) and nobody wants Pennzoil. Odd, really.

So what are your RECENT Platinum FS experiences good or bad?
Well I used it in my old Toyota Carolla got some 5w-20 on sale with a rebate it ran just fine and the final cost with the rebate was $4 a Jug. I'd use it again for $4 a Jug.

Ive used tons of penzoil platinum full synthetic. It is a great oil. My 2002 chevy 5.3 4x4 had 300,000 very hard miles on it exclusively on penzoil. That truck got used and abused and penzoil did great in it.

I use it in the wife’s Elantra, currently in there now, if I buy it on rebate. Overall seems like a good oil, good starts in winter. Only issue I’ve had with it is that it’s consistently the only brand that burns off in that car. About 1 quart over 5k miles. Tried 3 different viscosities, same results.

Running PUP 5w-20 in my 2021 Ram Rebel with the 5.7 Hemi. I went back and forth between PUP and Valvoline EP. Decided to stick with PUP. Seems like perfectly fine oil. Only 7500 miles on the engine but no issues as I would expect with any oil. I buy 5-10 qrts every time I see it go on sale on Amazon.

I have used the 0w20 for years in a 2010 Tundra it’s been in my 2020 Tundra a few times. My wife’s 4Runner has used it for many years as well never an issue.

I have used 5W30 for about 10 years, and always have gotten rebates. I also will get M1 when there is a rebate. Nothing wrong with it. There was one time when there was a code on the caps for the rebate, and I got opened oil which I returned. People in the supply chain stole the codes. M1 has a foil seal, but PP does not.

I have used 5W30 for about 10 years, and always have gotten rebates. I also will get M1 when there is a rebate. Nothing wrong with it. There was one time when there was a code on the caps for the rebate, and I got opened oil which I returned. People in the supply chain stole the codes. M1 has a foil seal, but PP does not.
Well you must have a secret I'm only 1 for 3 on Pennzoil rebates.

Well you must have a secret I'm only 1 for 3 on Pennzoil rebates.
I've noticed rebates are very fast these days, like IRS tax refunds. It's all electronic. The only catch? The $25 was in the form of an e gift card. So I took 2 amazon gift card codes, which to me is like cash since I am an amazon customer. Took like 9 days total since submission. In my entire life, even when rebates were by US mail? I've only not gotten 1--from Compaq Computer, remember them? I filed a complaint with consumer affairs in TX, who said we don't handle that. :D

Pennzoil isn’t my first or second choice and I’m not sure why because it’s perfectly good oil. I think it’s because when I think of Pennzoil I am reminded of Jiffy Lube and a bad experience I had with them years ago. Or maybe it’s the color of the bottle, yellow is my least favorite color. 🤷‍♂️

However, I couldn’t resist a recent “sale” at Walmart and I picked up 6 jugs of PP for a couple bucks each. I just used one in my 2019 Kia Soul and so far so good.

I mirror this post. Picked up a good amount of that same "sale." I used in in my 17 3.6 Subaru which up til now okay saw Mobil 1 after ff.

Im on second 7k oci. Smooth oil and no burning. Mobil 1 would barely burn any oil either. UOA coming for 7k oci in October.

I believe I tend to associate Pennzoil with Walmart and Jiffy Lube, so I tend to gravitate to other brands. Also, yellow is not one of my favorite colors.
How can you dislike yellow? If you alternate PZ and Magnatec jugs, your stash looks like a John Deere...

20220711_083727.jpg

In answer to OP - I use it, Ultra platinum in my mustang and PPHM in my wife's Hyundai and my Jeep right now.

Probably been using shell products for around 1/2 my oil changes for quite some time. Never an issue - and I always get the rebate which is more than I can say for Mobil 1.

Back