When will ACEA 2021 occur?

When will ACEA A7/C7 oils be released?
My Kia recomends ACEA A5, however it's very hard to find an ACEA A5 oil that's formulated to prevent LSPI (SN+, SP, GF6 etc)

ACEA A7 is expected address this issue.

OP, I would use the new GTL based Shell Helix Ultra X 5W-30, it’s SN-Plus for LSPI and also ACEA A3/B4 (similar to A5/B5 but with a higher HTHS, which I like).
——- From their web page below——-
Shell Helix Ultra X 5W-30 provides:

1. Ultimate active cleansing technology that helps to protect high-performance engines from power and performance-robbing deposits.
  2. Superior wear and corrosion protection1 that helps to extend engine life by protecting surfaces from wear and by helping to neutralise corrosive combustion acids.
  3. Superior resistance to oil degradation2 that helps to maintain protection throughout the oil-drain interval.
  4. Suitable for use in modern petrol, gas and diesel engines (without particulate filters). Formulated to protect against low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in direct injection turbocharged petrol engines3.
Specifications: API SN PLUS/SN; ACEA A3/B4; BMW LL-01; MB approval 229.5, 226.5; Renault RN0700, RN0710.

1 Compared with API SN specification and based on Sequence IVA and Sequence VIII engine tests carried out at an independent laboratory.
2 Compared with API SN specification and based on Sequence IIIG oxidation and deposit tests carried out at an independent laboratory.
3 Based on Sequence IX LSPI test carried out at an independent laboratory.

My Kia recomends ACEA A5, however it's very hard to find an ACEA A5 oil that's formulated to prevent LSPI (SN+, SP, GF6 etc)

I would say all major blenders will have A5. So check their websites. You can always go bit heavier with European approvals like MB229.52 or VW504.00/507.00.

OP, I would use the new GTL based Shell Helix Ultra X 5W-30, it’s SN-Plus for LSPI and also ACEA A3/B4 (similar to A5/B5 but with a higher HTHS, which I like).
——- From their web page below——-
Shell Helix Ultra X 5W-30 provides:

1. Ultimate active cleansing technology that helps to protect high-performance engines from power and performance-robbing deposits.
  2. Superior wear and corrosion protection1 that helps to extend engine life by protecting surfaces from wear and by helping to neutralise corrosive combustion acids.
  3. Superior resistance to oil degradation2 that helps to maintain protection throughout the oil-drain interval.
  4. Suitable for use in modern petrol, gas and diesel engines (without particulate filters). Formulated to protect against low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) in direct injection turbocharged petrol engines3.
Specifications: API SN PLUS/SN; ACEA A3/B4; BMW LL-01; MB approval 229.5, 226.5; Renault RN0700, RN0710.

1 Compared with API SN specification and based on Sequence IVA and Sequence VIII engine tests carried out at an independent laboratory.
2 Compared with API SN specification and based on Sequence IIIG oxidation and deposit tests carried out at an independent laboratory.
3 Based on Sequence IX LSPI test carried out at an independent laboratory.
Haha yes, this is the exact oil that's currently being used! So far so good. It still looks amber and transparent after 8000km.

Attachments

• 20200810_194555.jpg
    20200810_194555.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210313_183448.jpg
    20210313_183448.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 12
I would say all major blenders will have A5. So check their websites. You can always go bit heavier with European approvals like MB229.52 or VW504.00/507.00.
The majority of A5 oils here only meet API SL spec which is outdated.
I'm unable to find an oil that's A5 in conjunction with GF6/API SP or even SN+

The majority of A5 oils here only meet API SL spec which is outdated.
I'm unable to find an oil that's A5 in conjunction with GF6/API SP or even SN+
That is because most 5W30 A5/B5 oils here are also Ford 913-D oils that require elevated ZDDP levels (special ford wear test) and hence can only carry API SL, even though they would be SN (or above) in quality. Unfortunately this hides the fact if they are LSPI friendly or not.

Why are you looking for LSPI prevention? If your engine needed an LSPI-resistant oil then Kia would specify one.

That is because most 5W30 A5/B5 oils here are also Ford 913-D oils that require elevated ZDDP levels (special ford wear test) and hence can only carry API SL, even though they would be SN (or above) in quality. Unfortunately this hides the fact if they are LSPI friendly or not.
The penrite 5W30 A5/SL looks interesting. The viscosity is almost 5w20 territory.

Why are you looking for LSPI prevention? If your engine needed an LSPI-resistant oil then Kia would specify one.
Engine is T-GDI. Up until recently Kia/Hyundai oil recommendations have been quite vague and outdated.

The clock started the day before you posted.

Engine is T-GDI. Up until recently Kia/Hyundai oil recommendations have been quite vague and outdated.
Just because it's a TGDI engine doesn't mean it'll LSPI. VW for example have been making TGDI engines for years and even now don't require LSPI cover.

Just because it's a TGDI engine doesn't mean it'll LSPI. VW for example have been making TGDI engines for years and even now don't require LSPI cover.
Why risk it though? All new approvals seem to spec LSPI mitigation tests, so I think it's quite important.

Back