What's The Cheapest Steak You'd Eat

I like cutting up the Eye of round roasts, rare to med rare, its not super tender of course, but not grisly chewy either. The ones that are changing colour and 50% off are pretty good though. Cheaper than hot dogs and much better.

I don't buy a lot of steak, but I will get the Costco tri-tip with the rub. Sear it good in the cast iron skillet and pop it in the over for 10 minutes. Butter is required... Slice it against the grain and you are good to go.

Don't wan't to have to lug around a piece of luggage with me everywhere I go when I get to be 70, so I avoid red meat. Not saying I totally eliminate it though.

and OP asked about grade of meat, not what cut of meat. There are only three grades sold to the public, prime, choice and select.

You forgot the fourth grade of meat: Questionable.

Sometimes available at your local food museum.

I never knew until I was an adult that there was such a thing as a tender juicy steak. My mother was afraid any pink in the middle was going to give everyone food poisoning. It didn't matter what grade or cut of steak it was, by the time it got to my plate it was shoe leather.

Now a roast she could do to perfection...

Back